Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 09:31 AM

3,669 posts, read 2,783,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I am not fingering all black women...
I LOL'd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 12:37 PM

431 posts, read 665,695 times
People in NYC are struggling and angry because they can't afford to live or eat. I used to live in Harlem and on the weekends I noticed the long lines at the various food pantries in my neighborhood. Food is very expensive. The rent situation in the city is getting out of hand. Growing up in the 80's I remember there was subway push deaths all the time because the mentally ill had no where to go. RIP to the victim.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:19 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,311,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normaldude View Post
Many subway stations around the world now have platform screen doors, to prevent people from being pushed or falling onto the tracks. Some of the platform screen doors are full-height, some are half-height.

I'm going to guess that we'll never see this in NYC.
Perhaps they'd get put up much quicker if the families of all the victims sued the Subway for not preventing these deaths with this safety feature?

Old 11-08-2016, 02:03 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,642,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
She should spend the rest of her life in jail, that was a horrible way to kill someone
Oh she's in deep s*hit. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:29 PM

26,948 posts, read 38,395,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
It happened in Toronto a while back...since the progressives believe that letting the dangerously mentally ill wander about because it is their RIGHT...you will have problems....The idiots always say- so and so was off their medication? What does that mean - that some nut did not take their DO NOT PUSH PEOPLE IN FRONT OF THE SUBWAY PILL?
Wouldn't it be more accurate that it's because the right wingers have cut back on programs that care for and give shelter to the mentally ill?

Old 11-08-2016, 04:59 PM

478 posts, read 782,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesa1974 View Post
People in NYC are struggling and angry because they can't afford to live or eat. I used to live in Harlem and on the weekends I noticed the long lines at the various food pantries in my neighborhood. Food is very expensive. The rent situation in the city is getting out of hand. Growing up in the 80's I remember there was subway push deaths all the time because the mentally ill had no where to go. RIP to the victim.

Huh? I lived here in the 80's too, and I don't recall that at all. I do remember that one terrible incident where a young woman was killed by a mentally ill guy (Andrew Goldstein, I think was his name. And the victim Kendra Webdale, or something like that. Too lazy to look it up). That one was big news.

And something about the person being mentally ill just gives me pause -- I mean, is it better if the pusher was perfectly sane?

Old 11-08-2016, 05:11 PM

1,504 posts, read 858,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Wouldn't it be more accurate that it's because the right wingers have cut back on programs that care for and give shelter to the mentally ill?
Here in Toronto the left wingers insisted that the mentally ill should not be taken care of or given shelter or confined...that it was against their rights....I live in the down town area and see all sorts of thing...In my neighbourhood we have our share of wandering mentally ill people.

I knew some of these folks...so far I have seen about ten of them die in the last few years. Liberals and the super left really do not know what they are doing with the mentally ill.

If a person is slowly committing suicide on the street or they are a possible danger to others, They should be taken care of...confined humanely if possible...not set free to deteriorate and perish. It is so sad as I watch some street people go further down hill..You can tell by the shape they are in - how long they have to live...it is tragic...these people were somebodies child at one time...

Old 11-08-2016, 05:23 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,491,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Here in Toronto the left wingers insisted that the mentally ill should not be taken care of or given shelter or confined...that it was against their rights....I live in the down town area and see all sorts of thing...In my neighbourhood we have our share of wandering mentally ill people.

I knew some of these folks...so far I have seen about ten of them die in the last few years. Liberals and the super left really do not know what they are doing with the mentally ill.

If a person is slowly committing suicide on the street or they are a possible danger to others, They should be taken care of...confined humanely if possible...not set free to deteriorate and perish. It is so sad as I watch some street people go further down hill..You can tell by the shape they are in - how long they have to live...it is tragic...these people were somebodies child at one time...
I'll get a lot of s--t for this, but the incurably and dangerous mentally ill need to be humanely euthanized if the state will not warehouse them protecting other citizens.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:34 PM

420 posts, read 632,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
here's the cray-cray bi0tch, Melanie Turner

The victim had been arguing with Turner minutes before. Here's some free advice for anyone with lack of street smarts, if you get into an argument with anyone on a train platform, stay the F away from the edge and never turn your back to them
damn one ugly ass beast

Old 11-09-2016, 12:08 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,591,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I LOL'd
haha I was gonna make a joke about that but don't want to get banned again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City