Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 08:01 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Guy View Post
This has always been a fear of mine. I always stand very far back when the train is coming for this reason

Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but you never know when some crazy ******* is going to shove you onto the tracks
Do you also wait for pedestrian traffic light to turn green/white before crossing? I wonder if the people who are really worried about a murderer pushing them into the tracks are also the same people who brazenly walk into traffic when the cars have the green light.

Not saying you personally are doing this -- it's just something I observe when I drive, how many pedestrians are willing to take their lives into their hands at pretty much every intersection. I would guess there's a very very tiny chance of being pushed to death in a subway vs. the very real possibility of being hit by a car by walking in front of it while it's moving and has the right of way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 08:09 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
Well that woman just made a very bad decision and will get to spend a very long time in prison thinking about it. Hopefully she doesn't have anywhere important to be for the next 10-20 years.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:24 AM

3,672 posts, read 2,751,005 times
She has a smirk on her face like she's pleased with herself.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:28 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
It happened in Toronto a while back...since the progressives believe that letting the dangerously mentally ill wander about because it is their RIGHT...you will have problems....The idiots always say- so and so was off their medication? What does that mean - that some nut did not take their DO NOT PUSH PEOPLE IN FRONT OF THE SUBWAY PILL?

Old 11-08-2016, 08:30 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
I always find that women are the most likely offenders in public arguments. Guys often brush each other but never intentional and there's no reason to get into a scuffle as most of us are not in NYC for pleasure.

I've witnessed in my lifetime in NYC atleast 1/2 dozen fights on the trains that always involve women and only seen 2 fights involving high school boys.

The other problem is that all of the female fights include atleast 1 black female. I am not fingering all black women because many black women I know would never get involved in a fight but it is disturbing to know that all of the random rights I've seen on the subway have black females involved.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:31 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,481,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Well that woman just made a very bad decision and will get to spend a very long time in prison thinking about it. Hopefully she doesn't have anywhere important to be for the next 10-20 years.
She should spend the rest of her life in jail, that was a horrible way to kill someone

Old 11-08-2016, 08:37 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
We could have that but NYC would have to completely standardized it's rolling stock. The old trains (r32 and r42) and the new trains (r143-r160s) are 60 foot cars. The trains with the orange seats (r46s and r68s) are 75 foot cars. Within the next few years all the old trains will be thrown away.
You mean thrown in the ocean.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:41 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I always find that women are the most likely offenders in public arguments. Guys often brush each other but never intentional and there's no reason to get into a scuffle as most of us are not in NYC for pleasure.

I've witnessed in my lifetime in NYC atleast 1/2 dozen fights on the trains that always involve women and only seen 2 fights involving high school boys.

The other problem is that all of the female fights include atleast 1 black female. I am not fingering all black women because many black women I know would never get involved in a fight but it is disturbing to know that all of the random rights I've seen on the subway have black females involved.
You really have to wonder if these people are natives or from other areas. Growing up in a crowded urban area, one should really be used to getting bump accidently all the time. Getting into fights and arguments with strangers in a crowded subway platform, in Tmes Square, literally the busiest in the western hemisphere just doesn't make sense.

I'm in the city a lot and I get bumped quite often but me and the people that bump into me don't even look back at each other. It's just such a waste of time getting hot and bothered over something like that. You know it's not intentional so why get all angry about it?

Old 11-08-2016, 08:57 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
She has a smirk on her face like she's pleased with herself.
She is happy that she is going to prison for life. 3 meals and a bed and she doesn't have to worry about working for it.

Remember she claimed responsibility for the German student that was suspected of committing suicide in October by jumping in front of a train.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:20 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,223,380 times
^ She won't get life in liberal NYC. Taxpayers will be on the hook for her therapy, rehabilition, counseling, housing, etc.

Gotta love NYC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City