Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2017, 10:57 AM

56 posts, read 82,451 times

Advertisements

Of course. Just don't need to lose thousands - might as well take the vacation days now instead of losing them soon is all I meant.

As for the prior question:
We only know of one person here who got called in for FP on the 30th and list # 1140's. I can only assume this includes hires from last year that either won their cases or got their CDL/differed and are going in now instead. No one will be sure about where it ends unless HR tells someone what the last called # was for the July class and/or people here start posting who got called for FP for the second class so we can see how the list is moving along.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:02 AM

103 posts, read 166,767 times
Yup, #114x here and I got my call yesterday at 5:05pm.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:24 AM

218 posts, read 294,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjf718 View Post
Yup, #114x here and I got my call yesterday at 5:05pm.
So up to 114x and first class not filled, that's great news.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,621 times
My list number is 114x and was called yesterday around 5pm. Was told date and time for FP as well as what I need to bring. The woman mentioned not to inform employer of resignation until after we receive notice of employment at FP. This leads me to believe that if they call more people to come in than what is needed for the first class, then they may assign the rest to the next class? Or will they simply say that the first class is full and to come back next month?

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this?

Old 06-22-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cees View Post
My list number is 114x and was called yesterday around 5pm. Was told date and time for FP as well as what I need to bring. The woman mentioned not to inform employer of resignation until after we receive notice of employment at FP. This leads me to believe that if they call more people to come in than what is needed for the first class, then they may assign the rest to the next class? Or will they simply say that the first class is full and to come back next month?

Good question. I thought the same thing. Maybe the call extra people down just in case? They seem to call more people than needed for other steps. Hopefully this means we're good for July. Next Friday can't come soon enough

Old 06-22-2017, 03:08 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,395,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cees View Post

They DO NOT call more people then they need. Do not start that rumor

Unfortunately many people are stupid as hell. At least one person per final processing is going to get sent home for missing something or screwing up something. You're not hired until you complete final processing...hence it is the final processing. So you can't quit until after it

Old 06-22-2017, 03:13 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,395,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roltec View Post
Question; if FP is happening 27th-30th so far, and the first class is July 11th, that doesn't give a full 2 weeks for you to give your current job. Correct me if I am wrong, but for me I would lose weeks of vacation for breaking policy.
You're not going to get 2 weeks to give notice. Accept that fact now. If you're first day FP you might get exactly 2 weeks before you start. They dont work far enough in advance

Old 06-22-2017, 04:33 PM

Thanks for the info AWOL. I didn't mean to start a rumor by saying they might call more than they need. Just going by previous steps in the process. It was more of a thought than anything else.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
They DO NOT call more people then they need. Do not start that rumor

Unfortunately many people are stupid as hell. At least one person per final processing is going to get sent home for missing something or screwing up something. You're not hired until you complete final processing...hence it is the final processing. So you can't quit until after it
I read what someone else posted and took it for truth. Never know who to believe on this forum, but I trust you are correct. I was excited to receive the call. Now I just want to start as soon as possible- looking forward to working for DSNY.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:29 PM

271 posts, read 455,254 times
Called hr and was told I passed my medical. The dude on the line said they added 40 more spots to the original 275 hires that they had planed for this year. Just want to put that out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.