Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2017, 04:44 AM

218 posts, read 294,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Not only is it getting out of hand but the obvious troll posts here and there that should be obvious are never apparently obvious lmao.

I'm waiting for someone to post that their list number is one billion, they are blind, and they were called for final processing on Christmas Sunday to be directly promoted to Superintendent and someone will simply ask them how many days ago they took the medical
If you are referring to me, I'm not trolling at all dude. My stories are real, I've been on here for two years during this whole process, always update info when I have any.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:28 AM

271 posts, read 455,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksyanks23 View Post
If you are referring to me, I'm not trolling at all dude. My stories are real, I've been on here for two years during this whole process, always update info when I have any.
Not saying it was you. Just a general statement to those who are worried.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:46 AM

327 posts, read 469,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsny_future View Post
Your right about the troll.... im list 46xx and only did my physical so far. Have a buddy whose list is 3xxx and only did his physical so how did he get a FP call and his list # is close to mine smfh
His list number was 43X not 43XX... big difference

Old 06-18-2017, 12:37 PM

6 posts, read 9,557 times
Hey sorry guys if it's any confusion on my part
My list number is in the Four hundred and Thirties

I deferred last year to get things in order before I
moved forward as a candidate, I reinstated my name
in October of last year with DCAS

I did the medical on 5/23 and received 2 letters
showing elevated numbers in a few categories but
nothing serious enough to DQ me

I did the CDL training at FBF 5/30 to 6/3 and took the
road test in SI on 6/5 and passed

I called Ms Samuels on 6/6 to let her know I passed the road test
so they can update my file and she let me know I was also
Medically accepted as a candidate

It came as a surprise that I got the call on a Saturday, but they asked me
if I was still interested in the job (hell yeah) and they told me to report for
FP on monday 6/26 with a few Documents and postal money order for $87

Sorry for the long post but hope they clarifies any misconception

Also AWOL, you have been like a most trusted advisor for me bro. I scour the old
6063 thread and have been reading through the entire thing and every post you have
written has been sound knowledge

Thank you for your input and help man it's really appreciated

Old 06-18-2017, 12:45 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,077 times
Quote:

I don't know who you are or what you posted honestly lol

Old 06-18-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens50 View Post
Hey sorry guys if it's any confusion on my part
My list number is in the Four hundred and Thirties

I deferred last year to get things in order before I
moved forward as a candidate, I reinstated my name
in October of last year with DCAS

I did the medical on 5/23 and received 2 letters
showing elevated numbers in a few categories but
nothing serious enough to DQ me

I did the CDL training at FBF 5/30 to 6/3 and took the
road test in SI on 6/5 and passed

I called Ms Samuels on 6/6 to let her know I passed the road test
so they can update my file and she let me know I was also
Medically accepted as a candidate

It came as a surprise that I got the call on a Saturday, but they asked me
if I was still interested in the job (hell yeah) and they told me to report for
FP on monday 6/26 with a few Documents and postal money order for $87

Sorry for the long post but hope they clarifies any misconception

Also AWOL, you have been like a most trusted advisor for me bro. I scour the old
6063 thread and have been reading through the entire thing and every post you have
written has been sound knowledge

Thank you for your input and help man it's really appreciated

That was kind of the point. Obviously this can be done with no guidance as many did this process before the internet but those us who were going through it in 2008 after 6063 wanted to ask questions, give answers etc to those coming on to help. Most stop once posting once they get on but I try to keep it up after switching unions after promotion.

But for those going through the process, give back and answer questions a year or several from now as every year it gets harder and harder for those hired longer ago to answer questions. For instance when I was hired the work history book was an actual book....now it's an online thing. The vision test has changed locations since I got hired. HR offices moved locations. The cdl test is going to completely change. And more still will change I'm sure. So those that get hired, for be strangers next June when the next group has questions

Old 06-18-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I don't know who you are or what you posted honestly lol
I thought you meant me because I was giving the stories about myself with EKG, and two people I know who also got called with the vision issue and back issue, all a chance to clear it up. My fault.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I thought you meant me because I was giving the stories about myself with EKG, and two people I know who also got called with the vision issue and back issue, all a chance to clear it up. My fault.
People have always been given a chance for doctor's notes for some of the more minor issues with vision, xrays, and ekg

Old 06-18-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
People have always been given a chance for doctor's notes for some of the more minor issues with vision, xrays, and ekg
I never knew that.

Thought it was one thing and that's it so that's why I was surprised.

Immediate fail I guess is drug test.

Old 06-18-2017, 04:26 PM

264 posts, read 504,057 times
Quote:
I never knew that.

Thought it was one thing and that's it so that's why I was surprised.

Immediate fail I guess is drug test.
They give you a chance to go to your own doctor, that doesn't mean they won't DQ you. Like an EKG they might find you have a too slow of a heart beat, they let you go to your own cardiologist because it might be nothing. Happened to me, was too slow and I was put on a treadmill. Turned out my heart muscles were stronger than average so doesn't have to pump as much to get the blood flow needed.

Imagine being DQ for having an extremely healthy heart because they jump to conclusions lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City