Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 06:45 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,836,186 times

Advertisements

I can only speak for Manhattan, but I think the ones that are underground are all equally as dumpy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 07:06 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,733,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I find the 7 to be always crowded at all hours of the day and one feels like one is in a foreign country as one hears very little English if at all while on a 7 trian.
7 local is only crowded during rush hours. The Express can also get crowded at other times but there is always a train 3 minutes or less away. IMO it has the best service

Old 10-29-2013, 07:23 AM

542 posts, read 1,684,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
huh? The 7 train is probably the very best line in the entire system
LOL...do you even ride the 7 line? If so, you would know that you need to let several trains pass before you can get on in the morning. Also, endless "construction" on the weekends which doesn't make service any better...there are constant "signal malfunctions" and "incidents" on the line.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
LOL...do you even ride the 7 line? If so, you would know that you need to let several trains pass before you can get on in the morning. Also, endless "construction" on the weekends which doesn't make service any better...there are constant "signal malfunctions" and "incidents" on the line.
7 does pretty well in the rankings:
http://www.straphangers.org/statesub...able_Three.pdf

State of the Subways 2012

Old 10-29-2013, 08:06 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,253,462 times
4,5, 6 is the worst...

Old 10-29-2013, 08:32 AM

542 posts, read 1,684,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
That report lost all credibility when it listed the G train at the top in terms of regularity of service. The G train runs the most infrequently of any train in the city...ask anyone who takes it or has taken it. MTA Study Explains Why the G Train Sucks So Much

Old 10-29-2013, 08:42 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,619,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
That report lost all credibility when it listed the G train at the top in terms of regularity of service. The G train runs the most infrequently of any train in the city...ask anyone who takes it or has taken it. MTA Study Explains Why the G Train Sucks So Much
It's infrequent, but it IS reliable. I used to live on it and I actually planned trips with the MTA train schedule, which is a joke for other trains. Nine times out ten it arrives exactly when scheduled. It's just not scheduled very often.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:42 PM

424 posts, read 974,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Trains and platforms that run through the East village and West Brooklyn are often times full of vomit! Gee whiz.
This is true on the L line especially at stations from Metropolitan Avenue in Williamsburg to 14th Street. Thankfully I don't take that line very much but it took me a little to put together the fact that I always saw it on Friday and Sat nights and the fact that there are so many bars and nightclubs above the L stations to realize what it really was...

Old 10-29-2013, 12:48 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,870,958 times
I agree with BlakeJones regarding the 7 line. I used to find it to be one of the better subway lines. It gets crowded during rush hours but so do almost all other lines, and in rush hour there is both an express and local train that arrives in approximately every 5 minutes which is good compared with the E/F. I never took the 7 subway during weekends so I can't comment on performance during those days.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
I agree with BlakeJones regarding the 7 line. I used to find it to be one of the better subway lines. It gets crowded during rush hours but so do almost all other lines, and in rush hour there is both an express and local train that arrives in approximately every 5 minutes which is good compared with the E/F. I never took the 7 subway during weekends so I can't comment on performance during those days.
Well coming from Forest Hills you probably know full well what a total disaster the Queens Blvd express trains are (E, F) and the M, R can get pretty bad too. For the 7 on weekends, the usual problem is construction between times square & queensboro plaza. it's not that big a deal since you can just hop on a Q or N train at QBP right across the platform
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City