Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:15 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,692,542 times

Advertisements

Last week i was in the discount store in Kingsbridge and a thief was being held down by the store staff (my post from last Friday 10/19 you all may recall)

Today I was doing my normal Friday afternoon routine after a demanding day/week at work-- left early to go to the gourmet coffee shop to get a nice caffeine buzz and check out the dept store to see if they had anything on clearance

I don't know what it is about these Friday afternoons in these stores this month--maybe we're getting too close to Halloween!!! There seems to be an evil spell in the air

I'm in the Department store with my wagon by the 99 cent section. The section I was in was blocked by other shoppers and a store stocker so i left my cart and walked around to the section where I was interested in checking out. Came back and my wagon was gone. I called out, admittedly a bit annoyed but not abusive(I am never abusive to anyone), since the woman was wheeling my cart away "hey, my cart..." I said. She said "I'm sorry..." and before any more words could come out from her, a man(probably her husband) started yelling at me hysterically, "you just stop with the drama, OK, just stop with the drama".

Obviously feeling unjustly accused and hurt, I moved away from him and muttered something to myself "what a f****** a*******" and I just decided to leave the store. I could not be there with this character there. As i walked up the escalator, the door guards appeared to be smiling. Not sure if they saw what happened or not. This ruined my afternoon.

Considering the circumstances, that my wagon was gone and i saw her take it, it was a natural reaction to raise my voice a bit since she was moving away. I was not insinuating anything bad, just a natural reaction.

That's just my moods on a Friday afternoon when i need my coffee. I get a bit irritable. But I didn't do any drama like the guy accused me of

Why do I feel like the bad guy here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 05:21 PM

842 posts, read 4,309,771 times
There are dumb people in this world. Next time dont leave your belongings alone

Old 10-26-2007, 05:35 PM

The woman seemed OK, and looked insistent on returning my wagon to me. But that idiot cut in just before i had the chance to tell her it's OK, no problem. Could you imagine what he may have done if i had said another word?

Sick, sick character disordered people we have

Old 10-26-2007, 06:10 PM

842 posts, read 4,309,771 times
I noticed that entertainment is actually saturated art. And its starting to take over future generations.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:39 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,371,230 times
In my opinion a good portion of the poopulation living in the city are certifiably crazy (lets say a good 20% or so). It probably just happens that you ran into one today.

Where are all of these stores that you are hitting up? Under the El in Kingsbridge?

Old 10-26-2007, 08:02 PM

yeah, in K'bridge or Marble Hill, but I'm hesitant to disclose the names of the stores because they are associated with bad events

I'm white and the guy in the store today was white

Old 10-28-2007, 11:20 AM

943 posts, read 4,259,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
Last week i was in the discount store in Kingsbridge and a thief was being held down by the store staff (my post from last Friday 10/19 you all may recall)

Today I was doing my normal Friday afternoon routine after a demanding day/week at work-- left early to go to the gourmet coffee shop to get a nice caffeine buzz and check out the dept store to see if they had anything on clearance

I don't know what it is about these Friday afternoons in these stores this month--maybe we're getting too close to Halloween!!! There seems to be an evil spell in the air

I'm in the Department store with my wagon by the 99 cent section. The section I was in was blocked by other shoppers and a store stocker so i left my cart and walked around to the section where I was interested in checking out. Came back and my wagon was gone. I called out, admittedly a bit annoyed but not abusive(I am never abusive to anyone), since the woman was wheeling my cart away "hey, my cart..." I said. She said "I'm sorry..." and before any more words could come out from her, a man(probably her husband) started yelling at me hysterically, "you just stop with the drama, OK, just stop with the drama".

Obviously feeling unjustly accused and hurt, I moved away from him and muttered something to myself "what a f****** a*******" and I just decided to leave the store. I could not be there with this character there. As i walked up the escalator, the door guards appeared to be smiling. Not sure if they saw what happened or not. This ruined my afternoon.

Considering the circumstances, that my wagon was gone and i saw her take it, it was a natural reaction to raise my voice a bit since she was moving away. I was not insinuating anything bad, just a natural reaction.

That's just my moods on a Friday afternoon when i need my coffee. I get a bit irritable. But I didn't do any drama like the guy accused me of

Why do I feel like the bad guy here?
This may sound harsh, but you are in NYC. You gotta be tougher than that. I'm not saying you should have snatched your cart back, but did you really have to leave?

Old 10-28-2007, 11:54 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,371,230 times
Yeah but he was in Kingsbridge. Sometimes people in that neck of the woods can be pretty ghetto. In such situations if you're not looking to start a fight (which I usually lean towards) its basically better just to leave.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:58 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,651,171 times
I would have left also. There's no point in trying to get into something over what, a shopping cart? Some people are just looking for fights, anyway.
On a side note, I am declaring a moratorium on the word "drama."

Old 10-28-2007, 01:59 PM

Well, this guy was really threatening so i didn't even want to hang around. As for it being NYC or Kingsgbridge, I've lived in this area for 16 years, and never had a problem with anyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: