Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times

Advertisements

Riverdale is an easy commute to all of Manhattan, not just the west side. Metro-North to Midtown is very quick and there are express bus routes to the UES and UWS to Midtown, even rush hour express buses to Lower Manhattan.

Driving it's fastest to the west side, but it's also easy to get on the Harlem River Drive or Deegan to the FDR. There are many more options that do not involve the subway from Riverdale, when compared to TN, as the majority of the neighborhood is separated from the 1 train, which is a local and can be slow.

However, there are days when it is easier to take the train to the Hudson Railink connector bus service getting back to Riverdale from Manhattan if you normally commute by express bus. Summer Fridays and days when there are Yankees games are the absolute worst for traffic, so MNRR is the easiest.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 09:44 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,475 times
I lol when I read this. So true. I used to take classes at the Mount and I lived around the Mosholu pkwy area and would take the Bx10 to school...pure torture. It took an hour and it seemed like there were more old people living along that route that than anywhere else in the Bronx. The bus would have to stop and kneel like every three blocks. I can't imagine trying to get all the way over to Throggs neck...what's that take 90 minutes? It's a much shorter commute from anywhere in the Bronx to Manhattan than it is to go from the N.W Bronx to the N.E Bronx via public transit. That commute makes zero sense unless you are driving everyday and even then with the traffic it's not a short ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRrYcRaCk View Post
Why not just live in throggs neck? Commuting from throggs neck to riverdale will make u want to shoot urself in the head. riverdale is stuck in the lonely corner like its on time out.

Ur husband will have a 5 minute commute to work and u can take an express bus to manhattan which is a much nicer cleaner ride than the train. riverdale is the worst place on earth and its location sucks too if u want to go anywhere other than the west side of manhattan.

Last edited by Jasper03; 11-28-2012 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: