Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 09:03 PM

3 posts, read 1,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by julyzahxo View Post
Did anyone contact you yet?
Not yet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 01:05 PM

15 posts, read 6,863 times
Has anyone had any updates after submitting documents?

Old 05-07-2024, 09:30 AM

3 posts, read 980 times
Not yet...

Old 05-16-2024, 08:53 PM

3 posts, read 1,387 times
I believe they're still working thru the CB applications. Hopefully we'll hear back from them soon!

Old 05-17-2024, 09:12 AM

3 posts, read 980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharvest View Post
I believe they're still working thru the CB applications. Hopefully we'll hear back from them soon!

What is CB?
Thanks!

Old 05-17-2024, 10:07 AM

2,183 posts, read 1,805,683 times
Default CB = Community Board. Can be VERY Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatorrent View Post
What is CB?
Thanks!
Do you live in E Harlem? In this case it’s E Harlem, north of E 96th St, east of 5th Ave more or less. If you do you are at a great advantage.

CB = Community Board. Can be VERY Important. Not all lotteries have a CB preference but this one does. Log#s that qualify for the CB residency benefit go to the head of the line until their allotment of units are filled. In this case it’s 50% of the units I supposed.

Having a low log# is good whether or not you have CB preference. However, it is a painful wait if you have very low log# without CB preference you have to wait until the CB allotment is filled. It is filled with any combination of unit that equals 50% not matter the AMI% or the unit size.

There is a preference for residents of Manhattan Community Board 11 (aka Community Board 111) in this lotttery. Think of it as Affirmative Action for people in the neighborhood.

If you don’t live in Manhattan, you don’t get the CB preference benefit for this building. In this case it’s E Harlem, north of E 96th St, east of 5th Ave more or less.

Scroll down to the Manhattan map to see the CBs
https://www.nyc.gov/site/communitybo...bout/maps.page

Old 05-23-2024, 02:05 PM

3 posts, read 1,004 times
They contacted me I think they're about to send my file to hpd my log number is 21 and I don't live in Harlem.

Old 05-23-2024, 03:19 PM

2,183 posts, read 1,805,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julyzahxo View Post
They contacted me I think they're about to send my file to hpd my log number is 21 and I don't live in Harlem.
I wish you good luck. It is a pretty safe assumption that because your log# is so low that CB allotment is complete or on its way to being filled.

If you are not employed by the City of New York then you won’t get that advantage allotment. So very likely your file is being processed a general population with a low log#.

Old 06-16-2024, 01:20 PM

41 posts, read 20,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apanford View Post
Well yeah it’s not the best of places. I’m not gonna lie, I agree. But, I live in the area where the building is so I kinda know how the environment is and it’s not best of places, but so are other parts of Harlem and NY. And well let’s just say I hope it beats where I’m staying now as the projects haven’t been so great to me either… plus living with someone that I don’t even want to be around is rough… I wish I could get an apt in either Queens or Brooklyn tbh but idk.. right now my income is low and I ain’t even making a whole lot of money income wise enough right now to afford some of the nice places I’ve see on HC site.. it’s rough. If I can get a place where I have some peace to get by I would gladly take it

Hey are you in ?

Old Today, 12:57 PM

73 posts, read 56,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT200 View Post
Hey are you in ?
No not yet. Still waiting as supposedly they haven't reached my log number
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery