Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2023, 12:11 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywest96 View Post
Does anyone know who is furthest along with this process and what their log number is? I read some of the comments before me but it confuses me on which step some people are. The spreadsheet also makes little stand in my head
Just in terms of this thread, it seems as though Mardaka is the furthest along. They’ve already had a unit assigned. I think that’s the best we’ve got so far
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2023, 05:31 PM

50 posts, read 69,662 times
Yes they’re likely somewhere between 2xxx-4xxx CB .

Old 06-16-2023, 07:43 AM

42 posts, read 44,401 times
Based on streeteasy, many of the current listing leases do not launch until July and one not even until August. They are also all in the South Tower, so it's not even just the north tower that isn't done yet. I imagine this is why they are going so slow.

Old 06-16-2023, 07:50 AM

394 posts, read 371,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarg94 View Post
Based on streeteasy, many of the current listing leases do not launch until July and one not even until August. They are also all in the South Tower, so it's not even just the north tower that isn't done yet. I imagine this is why they are going so slow.
Yea. I’d assume that’s the reason. My real estate friend said the north tower won’t be ready by August. So the earliest move in will be end of August or early September.

Old 06-16-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Yea.. I saw that too. Also, I've noticed that there's really no videos or anything yet of the apartments. Usually at least the realtors would at minimum have some different photos of some of the units and not just the same stock ones that's been on the site for months now lol. So there's definitely been some delays.

Old 06-17-2023, 11:57 AM

50 posts, read 46,861 times
Quote:
No, i'm 16,xxx and starting to get very antsy. I called them today and they actually answered the phone for the first time but just said if you haven't heard back yet, they haven't gotten to your log number. This seems to be an odd lottery because they asked for documents for so many CB people at once. In every other forum im seeing they really only do a handful at a time.

About when we will be hearing back, the only morsel I have is that one guy that posted he had until 6/9 to update his documents after they were deemed insufficient. Was hoping shortly after that the rest of us would hear back, but nothing yet.

I am remaining optimistic either way though, as it really seems like every CB person who gets asked for documents ends up moving forward.
What number did you call?

Old 06-18-2023, 09:38 AM

42 posts, read 44,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR76 View Post
What number did you call?
In the application in housing connect there is a tab for contact. I think it’s a generic number though.

Old 06-18-2023, 09:45 AM

This is their office number 212 339 3911 I also emailed them at dwest@magpartners.com asking about what’s the ratio between CB and GP. They are very responsive usually reply emails in couple hours. Hope this help.

Old 06-18-2023, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
This is their office number 212 339 3911 I also emailed them at dwest@magpartners.com asking about what’s the ratio between CB and GP. They are very responsive usually reply emails in couple hours. Hope this help.
Did you get any good/helpful info??

Old 06-18-2023, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Did you get any good/helpful info??
Well. They said to their understanding, the ratio of units between CB and wilder pool will roughly be the same. I wouldn’t take that answer too seriously cause they also said everything is controlled by HPD so they might just fill CB in any kind of combination before they start processing GP since they mentioned they have to do CB before GP. They also said they have a third party to work on the process which will help them to speed up. Based on this I’d assume they are moving slow is because the north tower isn’t ready yet so they need to slow down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery