Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2023, 05:28 PM

82 posts, read 72,533 times

Advertisements

I was only told that they are still vetting seniors, community board and preferences still now on 3/1/2023... they won't get to the regular public for I believe 2-6 plus months. So frustrating, its a waiting game. Keep yourselves busy you'll, when one door closes another opens as they say

I Love your thread name, "NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE". You can say that again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2023, 07:03 PM

412 posts, read 593,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillywilly View Post
Update:

10XX Log# AMI 165, No pref

Viewed 5 units studio/1br. It's pretty small and I'm deciding whether to get the studio or 1br. Theres a big price gap of $500 and the square ft difference is not that much but the studio feels so much smaller, but the 1br also feels small, its like a studio split in 2. The agent that showed me around was great though.
Did you get to see any one bed not facing the construction on the northeast side?

Old 03-02-2023, 07:13 PM

16 posts, read 24,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
Did you get to see any one bed not facing the construction on the northeast side?
All the ones both studio and 1br I saw were facing the city, i didn't see any construction

Old 03-02-2023, 07:22 PM

412 posts, read 593,712 times
Quote:
All the ones both studio and 1br I saw were facing the city, i didn't see any construction
Thank you for the update! Let us know which one you decide on

Old 03-02-2023, 08:07 PM

95 posts, read 110,023 times
Quote:
Do you remember the apartment line number (last 2 #s) you saw that had city view? Were they 1 bedroom? I believe there's a 25line studio and 1 bedroom and line 26 1 bedroom facing the city. Were you able to see that 1 bedroom? Line 20 and 19 are studio south facing, but be vary of what floor it is on and be sure to test the noise level when the elementary school kids come outside during the morning/lunch time because I failed to do so.

Also, not all seniors live in floors 5-12, there are some great view units allocated for market rate on those floors and I was allowed to see units on those floors as well for affordable.

Old 03-02-2023, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissuki View Post
Do you remember the apartment line number (last 2 #s) you saw that had city view? Were they 1 bedroom? I believe there's a 25line studio and 1 bedroom and line 26 1 bedroom facing the city. Were you able to see that 1 bedroom? Line 20 and 19 are studio south facing, but be vary of what floor it is on and be sure to test the noise level when the elementary school kids come outside during the morning/lunch time because I failed to do so.

Also, not all seniors live in floors 5-12, there are some great view units allocated for market rate on those floors and I was allowed to see units on those floors as well for affordable.
yup i saw 25s for studios and 26s for 1br on diff floors. Are you moved it? Is it loud when the kids are out? I did ask for the highest floor though

Old 03-02-2023, 08:20 PM

95 posts, read 110,023 times
Quote:
yup i saw 25s for studios and 26s for 1br on diff floors. Are you moved it? Is it loud when the kids are out? I did ask for the highest floor though
I picked up my keys yesterday, but I don't plan to move in until a few days later. Seems like maybe line 26 1 bedrooms are allocated to 165% AMI because they didn't show me those. Were you able to see any line 25 1 bedrooms because I know that is a lot bigger, which I wasn't able to see. The kids are super loud and they come out at separate times starting at 10:30 AM until lunch ends.

Old 03-02-2023, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissuki View Post
I picked up my keys yesterday, but I don't plan to move in until a few days later. Seems like maybe line 26 1 bedrooms are allocated to 165% AMI because they didn't show me those. Were you able to see any line 25 1 bedrooms because I know that is a lot bigger, which I wasn't able to see. The kids are super loud and they come out at separate times starting at 10:30 AM until lunch ends.
I can't remember the number but I did see another 1br layout which had a much bigger living/dining room with a smaller bedroom but they view was facing towards lower Manhattan/Brooklyn so I didn't like it as much. It's also a lottery unit but wasn't assigned to me.

Old 03-03-2023, 04:19 PM

3 posts, read 3,610 times
Hi all. My log number is x (single digit). I am not part of the preferred group. Is it normal that they haven't reached out to me to submit docs yet?

Old 03-03-2023, 09:41 PM

347 posts, read 355,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miushja View Post
Hi all. My log number is x (single digit). I am not part of the preferred group. Is it normal that they haven't reached out to me to submit docs yet?
Only if your AMI is 165
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery