Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 04:57 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,863,681 times

Advertisements

Add me to the list! Got the same wait list email from Mhany that I got for 461
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 02:16 PM

13 posts, read 30,349 times
Sad, but kinda relieved to have some kind of closure. Idk what's worse, a full on rejection or wait list lol best of luck to everyone moving forward with the process!

Old 03-05-2017, 02:23 PM

The closure i've felt now with 461 dean and carlton, being waitlisted, has helped. It literally feels OVER. I'm not optimistic about any future lotteries though, as most don't really offer any substantial amount of apartments for those in middle income bands. Just very very very low income and seemingly upper middle :/ oh well, it's pretty obvious middle class status is despised in this city for some strange reason.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:07 AM

3 posts, read 5,218 times
Waitlisted 23xx

Old 03-06-2017, 08:47 AM

11 posts, read 24,686 times
I was Log # 92x . I emailed and called and still waiting for a response. Their email to me made no sense at all. Waiting for an explanation on mine.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:36 PM

20 posts, read 46,698 times
At this point I don't want to know the status .. everyone with a lower log number than I have, have been waitlisted. I feel like I'm just driving myself crazy waiting for nothing but a waitlisted email or rejection number 3

Old 03-06-2017, 02:05 PM

125 posts, read 364,300 times
My mom just told me we were waitlisted log 1XX with no cb

Old 03-07-2017, 07:54 PM

71 posts, read 118,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Nia View Post
Well said. But just to add, just because someone was selected with a log # of 100 doesn't mean log #s 1 through 99 were selected. If I understood the manual correctly, the log #s are assigned to all applicants randomly (by the computer on connect) then management selects a batch of applicants; randomly. So it's possible log # 100 was selected but let's say log # 4, 52, 87, etc. wasn't selected since applicants are pulled randomly once log #s are assigned which in itself was randomized.
Oh...so I guess log numbers are assigned solely for identification purposes. ..it's just your assigned identification number not a call number....but if that's the case why is it we never see anyone with a really high number on any of these forums stating they were called. Are you sure they don't pick applications randomly then assign them a number which they call in ascending order depending upon availability taking into consideration requested number of bedrooms and income range?

Old 03-07-2017, 08:01 PM

Your log # doesn't matter if it's not pre-selected from the lottery.

Imagine : a hundred thousand balls being spun around in whatever could contain a hundred thousand balls and THEN 20,000 are randomly selected.

THEN, the actual process starts. Having a lower log number at this point is always a good thing. but if you check on housing connect and you see it says "tenant selection in progress" and you haven't heard from them, even having a super low log number of like 10 even, it means you werent pre-selected in that first lottery.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:22 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,846,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Your log # doesn't matter if it's not pre-selected from the lottery.

Imagine : a hundred thousand balls being spun around in whatever could contain a hundred thousand balls and THEN 20,000 are randomly selected.

THEN, the actual process starts. Having a lower log number at this point is always a good thing. but if you check on housing connect and you see it says "tenant selection in progress" and you haven't heard from them, even having a super low log number of like 10 even, it means you werent pre-selected in that first lottery.
I am not convinced that this is true. They are supposed to go in order of the log.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery