Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 01:21 AM

39 posts, read 151,012 times

Advertisements

Actually if your first or second or third visit was negative yes you can judge it. I know if you are from there you have pride in your community and am offended by negative things that visitors may say. I am sure if you have family, have money and can speak Spanish it is an awesome place to live. I am disabled and on disability so my experience is way different that someone from there or someone with money to buy a nice place. The HUD housing in Espanola was scary, full of meth heads with huge signs directing the police and warning about sexual harassment. I was robbed at a ATM the next time I went there. When I went to other places there they would not rent to me because I don't speak Spanish. I never experience those things in Taos, Santa Fe or Las Vegas. Forgive me for trashing the place but I think I can have an opinion about the place as an outsider.I am sure your experience as an insider is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExperiencedEspanolian View Post
Wow, well how weird...your searching on the internet and you find a posting about you and your family. The family that NewMexicoLover is describing would be myself, my husband, and our two children. Thanks for not bad mouthing! The "huge house behind the really nice wall" would be my our uncles house. Funny how everyone in Esp knows about everyone else's business. It also upsets me when people talk about our community when they haven't lived here for any amount of time, and by the way, passing through or just visiting doesnt give you a right to comment or judge. Just saying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 08:25 AM

65 posts, read 153,861 times
I had to work in the Espanola Valley this week, including Pojoaque, and for anyone scared to go to this area, don't be. I didn't find a single racist, even though everyone was hispanic. I felt everyone I encountered treated me the way I like to be treated, and were very warm and friendly.

Yes I was skeptical, but it was a fine experience for me. I just wished I had more time to explore the area.

~Disco Inferno
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico