Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:07 PM

5 posts, read 28,055 times

Advertisements

Do you still have the property for sale?

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 07:34 AM

10 posts, read 40,060 times
Default Demming Ranchettes

Hello I am writing in response to the problem with the Demming Ranchettes. I also bought a lot in the Demming Ranchettes. unit 124 block 4 lot 17.
My father was in Real Estate for 37 years. I am not an expert, but I believe I do have a little more knowledge than the average person.

The options that Christine outline are valid

Organize I think is the best option.
But several of us would have to get together and see it thru till the end. I am willing to do that.

The other option that has not been mentioned:
Is that these lots where sold as BUILDING LOTS

In Oregon if the lot was sold AS a building lot it is GRANDFATHERED in as a building lot. And I believe this is Federal Law not just a State Law.
In other words if I or anyone of us would have put a trailer or built before this article was passed. They would have had to let the structure stay. Legally they couldn't touch it.

I am going to talk to a couple of atty's that I know and some people that my Father knows. And I will repost my information.

Please send me any info that you or anyone has on Demming Ranchettes.
Jeff
PS To the person who WARNED everyone about unscrupulis real estate deals I bought 2 other pieces of property when I bought this one. All for less than $900.00 4 years ago. The other 2 are worth $7000 and $9000 respectively.
So the idea that its not worth it to buy dirt in other states. Could be just a little wrong.
Any Realtor has to have a license to sell property. All I did was check to make sure that his company was legit before I purchased. And make sure that I recieved a DEED.

Have a Great Day

Old 01-09-2008, 07:42 AM

10 posts, read 40,060 times
Hello Jeff Here,
I have a piece of property in Demming Ranchettes. I didn't get down to see this piece of property in NM. So when I got back I googled earth. You can get a fairly recent picture of the property that way if you would like. I might be interested in purchasing the lots. But it wouldn't be for sometime before I could do that.
Have Fun with Google Earth....Its pretty cool
Jeff

Old 01-10-2008, 10:40 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,086,561 times
rpacheco1 wrote:

> Yes, I still have all 4 tracts of land for sale.

ObMontyPython:

" She has HUUUUGGE trrrracks of land .... "

Old 01-18-2008, 04:25 PM

9 posts, read 51,448 times
Smile Gina

I am ready to buy. How do I contact you? Gail

Old 01-19-2008, 09:24 AM

261 posts, read 936,551 times
I would be very, very careful about buying a piece of land in New Mexico that is not very clearly suited for a septic system. The rules for septic systems changed in 2007, and the state is really enforcing them now. They're also much like the IRS in giving advice; just because someone from NMED told a landowner they could install system on their property doesn't mean they really can.

I would suggest that septic permits be obtained before any real estate deal is closed, or at the least that the purchase be contingent on the buyers ability to get one, backed up by a bond or deposit. Frankly, I've never seen a system installed on a lot smaller than 3/4 ac., and I don't think the new regulations are allowing it when one takes into account the setback and siting requirements. (Your mileage may vary...)

New Mexico Environment Department Liquid Waste
Liquid Waste (Septic Tank) Program Home Page

Septic regulations
http://www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/nmac/pa...0.007.0003.pdf

Old 01-24-2008, 11:35 AM

7 posts, read 29,999 times
Default Lot to sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by koony View Post
You might want to check with planning comission. A contractor told be he could drill a well and put in septic for a 1 family home on 1 acre. My lots are on the corner of De Baca and Charlotta. Unit 19, block 8, lots 43, 44, and 45.
If the 2 acre deal is correct, then I will be looking to buy lot 42, and maybe 41.koony.
I have a lot to sell:
Unit 72, Block 1, Tract 21
Moderator cut: "Posting an e-mail: This is a message board, so members can reply to you here or via Direct Message. Please check back for a reply. Others might benefit from answers from other members here."

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 11-23-2012 at 05:29 PM..

Old 01-24-2008, 11:48 AM

7 posts, read 29,999 times
Default lot for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailpal2 View Post
I am ready to buy. How do I contact you? Gail

I have a lot to sell:
Unit 72, Block 1, Tract 21

Moderator cut: "Posting an e-mail: This is a message board, so members can reply to you here or via Direct Message. Please check back for a reply. Others might benefit from answers from other members here."

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 11-23-2012 at 05:28 PM..

Old 01-27-2008, 12:17 AM

5 posts, read 28,055 times
Default Lot

I also would be looking to buy. I own Unit 73 Block 3 Track 7, 8, and 9
So I would like to buy 6, or 10, and if anyone knows the lots behind mine? I would be in the market for those as well.

Steve

Old 02-03-2008, 07:27 AM

6 posts, read 40,327 times
Default How to find your neighbors

You can get a better idea of who owns the land next to you by asking Patricia Lebya of the Luna County Assessors office for a list of names and addresses of those people on your block. She can be reached at 505-546-0404 or by fax at 505-546-4580. It's free and you can verify that your name is indeed the owner on record. Also, if you're planning on installing utilities to your half acre lot before the Jan. 2009 deadline of establishing small lots. You could contact your neighbors to see if it's a good idea to split the cost. I got a quote of $4,800.00 from Columbus Electric to install two poles that would serve as many as seven lots. I also heard it may cost about 30 to 35 dollars a linear foot to drill a water well. You might hit water at 150 feet but if the contractor is having a slow month, who knows how far down they have to go down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico