Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 09:35 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,653,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Man, those photographs are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing 6/3.
Right on Synopsis....... The lakes that you mentioned (pos rep thanks) are up in the Sacramento Mountains in southern NM about 120 miles north of El Paso.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 02:44 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,955,228 times
New Mexico is such a beautiful state, from North to South and East to West. It's one of my favorite places anywhere. Great weather, mountains, clear blue skies; what's not to love about this wonderful state?

Old 01-19-2008, 06:59 AM

10 posts, read 50,383 times
Default One of my favorite pics

d

Hermit's Peak, from the road that winds past Ojitos Frios, outside of Las Vegas, New Mexico.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:16 PM

45 posts, read 175,995 times
[quote=egglady;1308173]Loving the pictures! I have a few to share.

These were taken at the end of July this year, on the way down from Cloudcroft to Alamogordo (on the 82).

This tunnel means you're almost there . . .

It's a beautiful drive. These are some of the wildflowers that grow along the roads. . .

And I have a photo from the other side...on the way up.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:49 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,894,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerT View Post
It's a beautiful drive. These are some of the wildflowers that grow along the roads. . .
I love that drive/road.....I came that way from Midland the last few trips instead of going EP/I-10.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:53 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,040,008 times
Anyone Have Any Pics Of The Plains In Eastern New Mexico,you Really Dont See Pics Of That Area Too Often But I Think Its Very Pretty On That Side,i Love The Flat Land That Goes On For Miles And Miles And The Green Fields And The Country Dirt Roads.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:55 AM

576 posts, read 2,309,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
Anyone Have Any Pics Of The Plains In Eastern New Mexico,you Really Dont See Pics Of That Area Too Often But I Think Its Very Pretty On That Side,i Love The Flat Land That Goes On For Miles And Miles And The Green Fields And The Country Dirt Roads.
It's nice to find someone else who likes the plains. When I first came here from New Hampshire the land, to me, was all about what wasn't there--hills, mountains, trees. My appreciation for this area has been growing, and now I see it in a positive way--big sky, limitless space, the wide openness. I'll bet that now the New Hampshire rolling terrain would make me feeled closed in and anxious for skies that go on forever.

I have quite a few photos of areas around eastern New Mexico on my blog, The Zees Go West. There is a search feature at the top of the page--look for posts on Muleshoe National Wildlife Refuge, Ned Houk Park, Oasis State Park, San Jon, cotton, peanuts, and Tucumcari, for starters, but the photos are scattered throughout. Keep in mind that they are taken by a very amateur photographer!

~clairz

Elsewhere the sky is the roof of the world; but here the earth is the floor of the sky.~Willa Cather

Old 02-03-2008, 09:20 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,289,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson52 View Post
This belongs to another resident of New Mexico. And I hope he does not mind our sharing with others. He shared it with us as it depicts our dream view/location for property in New Mexico.

Only my second post. Many interesting threads and the photos on this site are fantastic.

If this were OZ, I would move there in a second. Dorothy knows where these rainbows start and end!

I was just wondering where this might be; it's just beautiful. Will you tell?

Old 02-03-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egglady View Post
Just after the storm yesterday (Sunday) we got a double rainbow!
This is up here in Timberon, looking east at the Sacramento Mountains.
~Nan
Too gorgeous. I can't wait to get there. This is definitely going on my desktop if you don't mind.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbird View Post
This is a test to see if I can upload pics ...

Hope this works, Its a sunset at white sands NM.
Stunning ~ another desktop photo. I believe I'm truly falling in love with NM. I remember years ago driving from CA to TX and going through Las Cruces. My mom and I thought it was such a lovely area and these photos are proof that the whole state is gorgeous. Thanks everyone for my morning trip to NM; I loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico