Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:02 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,989,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I was more referring to the point that due to the trains it might be easier for the people that live in those areas to get to NY than it is to get to Philly. Although driving to Philly should be easier than driving to NY so I dunno...
Driving to Philly from say, Belmar, is easier than driving or taking the train to NYC. From Belmar I can be sitting in traffic on Broad St. in 1:20, waiting to get into one of the parking lots. It'll take you about 2 hours on the train to get to Penn Station from Belmar then another 40 minutes to get up to Yankee Stadium or out to Shea errr, uhh Citifield or whatever they're calling it. Even if you take LIRR out to Willets Point it's still another 20 minutes (assuming you don't have to wait for the train). It usually takes longer to drive.

A lot of people do it - i'm just saying that my family has always thought it was pretty dumb. A lot of those Mets fans know it's dumb, that's why you see so many of them at Citizen's Bank. The only sensible way to get up to the NYC stadiums from that area is to drive to Atlantic Highlands and take the ferry.

Quote:
The conference for schools in Cape May and Atlantic Counties is called the Cape Atlantic, but I was just saying that the Atlantic City Press covers both the Cape Atlantic and the Shore Conferences.
gotcha. speaking of newspapers . . . I wonder where those distributions overlap, if at all - Courier-Post, Asbury Park Press, Press of AC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 12:05 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,888,730 times
On the note of the Cape Atlantic league, for some weird reason it includes SHHS in Vineland in Cumberland County
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey