Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:37 AM
MG!

7 posts, read 21,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
At least have something lined up to make up for all these cuts going on. He's just going to cut everything until there's nothing left and people really start moving out. Things are getting much worse.

The people who pay the taxes are already moving out, the people you are talking about are the freeloading sponges who don't pay taxes and seem to think they are entitled to my money. They are free to move out, I'll pack them all a lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 11:04 AM

414 posts, read 297,316 times
If we all drove sensible cars (not SUVs!), we wouldn't be facing this monster of a problem with global warming, now would we?

I have to hire an expensive contractor to raise my house up a level, otherwise I'll be underwater in a few short years.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:54 AM

555 posts, read 1,654,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion99 View Post
If we all drove sensible cars (not SUVs!), we wouldn't be facing this monster of a problem with global warming, now would we?

I have to hire an expensive contractor to raise my house up a level, otherwise I'll be underwater in a few short years.
*sighs* Such simple minded thinking... don't waste the money raising your home... sell it now to some poor sucker who doesn't believe in global warming! Obviously you're near the water so you can get a pretty penny for it!

Now here's what you do... take that money and head off to Greenland... think of how much property you can buy there! It's not worth anything right now being covered in snow and ice... but man, in those few short years when your old home is underwater, that will be a lush green paradise! You'll have made a killing! Go for it!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemmert View Post
*sighs* Such simple minded thinking... don't waste the money raising your home... sell it now to some poor sucker who doesn't believe in global warming! Obviously you're near the water so you can get a pretty penny for it!

Now here's what you do... take that money and head off to Greenland... think of how much property you can buy there! It's not worth anything right now being covered in snow and ice... but man, in those few short years when your old home is underwater, that will be a lush green paradise! You'll have made a killing! Go for it!
Is there any sort of residency requirement there? I can't move until I retire.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Is there any sort of residency requirement there? I can't move until I retire.
Stop thinking so American! This is an economy based on fishing for ice! Take the 2 dollars in pocket change you find in your couch cushions and all that money from your seaside home, you'll live like a king there, even now! Why wait to retire?! Why work for the man any longer! Run don't walk to your soon to be paradise retirement in Greenland today! Leave all your debt behind, credit scores are an American thing! Do you really think debt collectors are going to pay international phone rates to call you in Greenlawn for the money you owe? Hell no! Get out now! Retire today, in fact, retire now! Walk into your bosses office and tell him you're done and hop a cab to Newark! Be free!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:32 PM

9,379 posts, read 20,821,491 times
Quote:

Or, he could always retire to Dickinson or Minot! North Dakota is next decade's Florida!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Stop thinking so American! This is an economy based on fishing for ice! Take the 2 dollars in pocket change you find in your couch cushions and all that money from your seaside home, you'll live like a king there, even now! Why wait to retire?! Why work for the man any longer! Run don't walk to your soon to be paradise retirement in Greenland today! Leave all your debt behind, credit scores are an American thing! Do you really think debt collectors are going to pay international phone rates to call you in Greenlawn for the money you owe? Hell no! Get out now! Retire today, in fact, retire now! Walk into your bosses office and tell him you're done and hop a cab to Newark! Be free!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to wait 2 more years to retire and get my full pension. If I leave now, I get alot less.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Or, he could always retire to Dickinson or Minot! North Dakota is next decade's Florida!
Careful there... I'll have you know I grew up in ND... while I may have fled the state shortly following my 18th birthday and graduation from HS, I still gotta defend my peeps... ya know?

Besides... ND doesn't tolerate the likes of people from New Jersey... they'd run em back out of town before they could turn their cars off.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I have to wait 2 more years to retire and get my full pension. If I leave now, I get alot less.
You're going to waste 2 more years of your life working for the man so you can live like an Emperor instead of a measily king? What is wrong with you! You might not make it that long! You make croak tomorrow from the stress your job is causing you! Get out now and start living it up in Greenland while you still have your health! Don't delay the fun out of greed, you're already going to be set to live like a King! Go!!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:17 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,678,186 times
Quote:
Careful there... I'll have you know I grew up in ND... while I may have fled the state shortly following my 18th birthday and graduation from HS, I still gotta defend my peeps... ya know?

Besides... ND doesn't tolerate the likes of people from New Jersey... they'd run em back out of town before they could turn their cars off.

Ain't that the truth. The only family that took up the town of Hazleton's offer of free land a couple of years ago is leaving because the locals are so unfriendly. And they're from Florida.

www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_14407454
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey