Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 02:07 PM

169 posts, read 702,992 times

Advertisements

Wow just happened to see this place yesterday... Didn't think anything of it... And now I stumble upon this post on here....

Sounds like it's fun for the "kids" or people looking to eat for cheap.... 1% chance I will ever enter this place though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 02:27 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,955,470 times
Yup I was excited about this place when it first opened so I took a trip over there one afternoon on a weekday with my brother. I was for the most part disappointed.

For starters...it is not a $5 buffet as I kept seeing advertised on TV but don't anymore. It's $6.49 for the buffet and then $1.49 for unlimited drinks. Ok so $8 and change for a full meal. I wasn't so miffed by this.

Out of all the pizza they had there I wasn't impressed with well really any of them. The pizza served there makes the $1 personal frozen Celeste Pizzas taste gourmet. The breadsticks are good and so are the desserts. Other than that I'm pretty sure the pizza is mostly made with the cheapest ingredients available to throw together a pizza. Probably the mac and cheese pizza was one of the more favorable pizzas I had there but my brother and I who often indulge in junk food places like this were not the least bit impressed. Not to mention during lunch there was no shortage of rambunctious HS kids around.

This was a one and done place for me. If Pizza Hut still had its pizza buffet around, it would beat CiCi's HANDS DOWN in every aspect.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:32 PM

169 posts, read 702,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Yup I was excited about this place when it first opened so I took a trip over there one afternoon on a weekday with my brother. I was for the most part disappointed.

For starters...it is not a $5 buffet as I kept seeing advertised on TV but don't anymore. It's $6.49 for the buffet and then $1.49 for unlimited drinks. Ok so $8 and change for a full meal. I wasn't so miffed by this.

Out of all the pizza they had there I wasn't impressed with well really any of them. The pizza served there makes the $1 personal frozen Celeste Pizzas taste gourmet. The breadsticks are good and so are the desserts. Other than that I'm pretty sure the pizza is mostly made with the cheapest ingredients available to throw together a pizza. Probably the mac and cheese pizza was one of the more favorable pizzas I had there but my brother and I who often indulge in junk food places like this were not the least bit impressed. Not to mention during lunch there was no shortage of rambunctious HS kids around.

This was a one and done place for me. If Pizza Hut still had its pizza buffet around, it would beat CiCi's HANDS DOWN in every aspect.
Haha... I used to DESTROY the pizza hut buffet in high school... LOLOLOL!

Old 04-14-2010, 02:36 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,955,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itznin View Post
Haha... I used to DESTROY the pizza hut buffet in high school... LOLOLOL!
Me too! Ah those were the days...I miss the Pizza Hut buffet....

Old 04-14-2010, 04:34 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
To me this is like Old Country Buffet, it doesn't matter that the food tastes like crap, only that there is unlimited quantities of it.

Here in OC, the trend isn't unlimited pizza, it's who can eat the BIGGEST pizza. Last year 3 Brothers opened with their claim of the biggest pie on the boards. Not to be outdone, this year "The Big Slice" is opening, with a 3 foot diameter pie! It's the new American reality show, "Who can get the fattest the fastest, and for the least amount of money?"

Old 04-14-2010, 09:09 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,949,108 times
And what a dive it is.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:57 AM

324 posts, read 668,916 times
I tried Cici's one time. I took one bite out of a slice and then the rest went into the trash can. I just made myself a small salad and will never return.

Cici's pizza needs to be put on the show called "Fear Factor" and forced into peoples mouths. Yes, it was this bad!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:57 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Cici's Pizza is horrible, they opened one of these horrible places close to me in Cherry Hill. With so much great pizza throughout New Jersey I would not subject myself to eating Cici's.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:01 AM

728 posts, read 1,964,929 times
HORRIBILE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE and I love Pizza but this was terrible makes Dominos seem amazing.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:33 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,949 times
Why would anyone is Jersey even consider trying this garbage. WHY????? People down here love it, but what the hell do they know about pizza? Ah, I need to move back north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey