Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:08 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,958,294 times

Advertisements

Oh wait, you haven't made an offer yet?

Yeah, then they're not so nuts. Sorry about that.

Make an offer if you want the house and try to get your FIL in there during attorney review or at worst, the home inspection with the inspector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 AM

36 posts, read 111,985 times
We are seeing it again tonight with FIL/MIL and supposedly they would consider/accept a better if we were to make one tomorrow while they are in AR. I think they are trying to wrap this up before the High Holy days and don't want to lose the other buyers in case we decide not to go forward or don't come in higher. We'll see...

Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 AM

13,410 posts, read 28,766,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamane18 View Post
We are seeing it again tonight with FIL/MIL and supposedly they would consider/accept a better if we were to make one tomorrow while they are in AR. I think they are trying to wrap this up before the High Holy days and don't want to lose the other buyers in case we decide not to go forward or don't come in higher. We'll see...
Good luck..the high holy days are just around the corner

Old 09-10-2009, 01:20 PM

36 posts, read 111,985 times
Yes, I know. But if we decide to we'll make an offer tomorrow morning - in which case we could easily be in contract before next weekend should it work out.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:29 PM

353 posts, read 1,022,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamane18 View Post
My family and I are currently considering an offer on a house in Livingston, NJ which is owned by an Orthodox Jewish family. The family (and older couple) has told their listing agent (who has passed to our agent) that there are no showings Friday evening/Saturday - which I understand is due to Shabbat (I'm a less religious Jew myself).

Question though. We've seen the house twice and are likely to make an offer BUT we need my FIL to see it first (he knows a lot about construction and we want him to make sure we're not missing something wrong with the house/be our second pair of eyes). Unfortunately, FIL works late so evenings are tough. Then Friday/Saturday are out and this Sunday we all have a family function all day. We'd rather not wait until next week since they do have another (albeit lowball) offer on the house.

Would it be offensive to ask again if we can see it Saturday? Is there anyway it would be allowed to be shown that day?
This is not just a disturbance of the family during the Sabbath. You are not supposed to do business on Shabbat. Even if you don't buy that day, it is still considered business. You also have to turn lights on and off and drive a car to and from....

Ask for Saturday after sundown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey