Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:14 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monack View Post
Now THAT just made me laugh out loud. How about The Wiz?
Nobody bets the Wiz, nobody beats the wiz!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,755,593 times
Is it true that Carvel is going out of business? How will I get my chocolate crunchies fix???

Old 11-11-2008, 12:43 PM

Is that true? I mean, I'm not a huge Carvel fan, but I LOVE the cakes!

I have a feeling Maggie Moo's is going to go soon too. They are TOO expensive. I only take the kids there for a SPECIAL treat and frankly, it's been a WHILE.

One of my friend's kids managed a Rita's Ice Cream over the summer, he said sales were down drastically from the year before. I know we did more trips to McD's for their 99 cent cones this year during the summer months. I guess we were not alone.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:57 PM

83 posts, read 279,177 times
Default Alexanders and the Mural

Heh...

I have recollections, as a kid, of sitting in the back of the car seeing that mural and trying to puzzle out what it was....... Most of the adults I asked either babbled some double talk answer trying to pretend that they were not as confused as anyone else, or just stated that it was an abstract painting that did not depict anything.

Didn't buy it.

Finally, one day, I guess I just looked at it the right way and it was obvious. When I mentioned my realization to other people..... mostly they would be like: "oh... yeah..... that's really obvious.... Why didn't I realize that?"

I'll be happy to share my impressions on it, but any other takers as to the representation of the Alexander's mural?

diogenesNY

Old 11-11-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogenesNY View Post
Heh...

I have recollections, as a kid, of sitting in the back of the car seeing that mural and trying to puzzle out what it was....... Most of the adults I asked either babbled some double talk answer trying to pretend that they were not as confused as anyone else, or just stated that it was an abstract painting that did not depict anything.

Didn't buy it.

Finally, one day, I guess I just looked at it the right way and it was obvious. When I mentioned my realization to other people..... mostly they would be like: "oh... yeah..... that's really obvious.... Why didn't I realize that?"

I'll be happy to share my impressions on it, but any other takers as to the representation of the Alexander's mural?

diogenesNY
Your story makes me laugh because I did the same thing as a kid. To me, I always thought it looked like an abstract map of the world.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:07 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
think there will be a lot... your thoughts?
Please make it Wal*Mart...this giant is too big for it's own britches sometimes, you think! Pays it's employees minimal benefits

Old 11-11-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette-dude View Post
Please make it Wal*Mart...this giant is too big for it's own britches sometimes, you think! Pays it's employees minimal benefits
I'm very anti-Wal-Mart, but I don't think they are going anywhere.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:04 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,960 times
Default Florist

Here in Florida we are seeing alot of Florist going out of business, people just aren't buying flowers like they used to, and if you want to buy you can walk into any grocery store and pick up anything. Publix has a very nice selection and they stay well.

Walmart is the savior down here for those who are not working, in my county alone the unemployment rate is 9.2 and with 3,500 foreclosures and no jobs well everyone is shopping Walmart.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:08 PM

191 posts, read 698,184 times
Reuters headline:

National Wholesale Liquidators files for Chapter 11

excerpt - Discount retailer National Wholesale Liquidators has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, a company representative said on Tuesday.
The privately held company, which sells housewares and electronics at discounted and wholesale prices, filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware late on Monday, said Robert Pidgeon, head of human relations.
"It has to do with the credit crisis in the country, what's going on getting financing," Pidgeon told Reuters.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:17 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len-NJ View Post
Reuters headline:

National Wholesale Liquidators files for Chapter 11
Seriously - am I the only one to see the humor there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey