Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 06:57 PM

4 posts, read 23,927 times

Advertisements

Just moved to new Jersey six months ago and my wife has deceided to file for divorce, I need to obtain a lawyer in the Morris County area.. Does anyone know of a good one ?? anyone I should stay away from..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 08:11 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,515,246 times
sorry to hear that, you just move and know few people and she decides to divorce. This must be tough! I dont know any good lawyers but I am sure someone here will. Sorry to hear about it, but you got people here to chat too!! Good Luck Marilyn

Old 09-20-2008, 08:35 PM

Default thank you..

Marylin.. thank you for your thoughts.. it is tough especially with two young children...

Old 09-20-2008, 08:58 PM

315 posts, read 1,091,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnj23 View Post
Just moved to new Jersey six months ago and my wife has deceided to file for divorce, I need to obtain a lawyer in the Morris County area.. Does anyone know of a good one ?? anyone I should stay away from..
i too am sorry to hear that. i am very recently divorced but no children. just two dogs

have you thought about mediation? it is much, much cheaper, more civilized and you both walk away feeling like everything was done fairly. i imagine you're going to try and remain friends, or at least civil for the kids...
it cost us about $2000 and then our lawyers just had to file and go with us to court. total for me was $2000 and for my ex it was closer to $3000 because his attorneys charged more.
i have a wonderful mediator, and she is also a financial planner. let me know if you'd be interested and i can email her information.
good luck!
stacy

Old 09-20-2008, 09:15 PM

323 posts, read 575,172 times
whatever you do ,donnot nitpick ,the lawyers will take alot of your coin

Old 09-20-2008, 09:56 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,162,917 times
I don't have any recommendations, but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with everything.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:00 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,515,246 times
Quote:
Let me just ask do you have the kids living with you now? Is she still in the house? This is really a crappy situation because the adjustment to just moving to a new area and now this? SOunds like a mid life crisis hey? Well I am going to try to tell you something you may not want to hear. Any chance she will come to her senses and try and work things out? Funny the nj state slogan is NJ DYSFUNCTION AND YOU!! SOund like she found alot in NJ, more than she bargain for. I hope she comes to her senses if you will have her back. There is a sight lawguru dot.com , you can go on it put in search legal data base and find questions from lawyers in NJ. You can also read tons of divorce questions. Its actually an interesting site. Let us know what happens Marilyn I will buy a good cup of strong coffee too and cheer you up.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:04 AM

Default Marilyn...... thank you

I dont think that there will be any coming back from this.. we moved here due to HER job be relocated to Wayne NJ... We have been having some problems for a few years... I will probably be moving back to CT when this all said and done.. WE both just want what is right for our children..

Old 09-21-2008, 03:33 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,082 times
Quote:
I dont think that there will be any coming back from this.. we moved here due to HER job be relocated to Wayne NJ... We have been having some problems for a few years... I will probably be moving back to CT when this all said and done.. WE both just want what is right for our children..
If you both wanted what is right for your children, you should never have uprooted them when you didn't have a strong foundation on which to build their new lives. Shame on you both. Now, in addition to dealing with thier parents divorcing they have to get used to a new area and new friends. They don't even have their old friends to lean on. And your going to move away!!!!!!!
And before you start lashing out at me for giving my unsolicited opinion think hard about what I said. You moved on very shakey grounds.

Last edited by Doorway; 09-21-2008 at 04:31 PM..

Old 09-21-2008, 03:46 PM

25 posts, read 93,934 times
Sorry to hear about your situation. I work with a number of lawyers in the area. When I get in to work tomorrow morning I will give you a few names. I just don't want to give you a name of the top of my head and it turns out that they are not in Morris County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey