Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 07:43 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,357,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
He wouldn't have needed a crystal ball 6 months ago to see that nothing good could have come out of this move to N.J. They both knew that the marriage was not solid enough to build upon. They gave it a whole six months!!! Now, the kids are hundreds of miles away from the ones they love and about to go through emotional hell. I am not claiming to know the circumstances that lead to this divorce and am not judging them for getting a divorce. I do, however,feel that they could have minimized the devastation and can stay in the same state for the sake of the children.
So, yeah, I guess I am being judgemental of someone who says they want to do what is best for their kid, but will leave the state when this is all over.

Don't you think he probably has a wonderful person (like you) who is usually his greatest fan or champion but now is doing their best to guilt him or make him feel like crap? Are you applying to be his mother or clergy or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 07:52 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,985,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcookies View Post
Don't you think he probably has a wonderful person (like you) who is usually his greatest fan or champion but now is doing their best to guilt him or make him feel like crap? Are you applying to be his mother or clergy or something?
No. And I guess it does seem that way. I just want to make him see that no matter what happens, his children need him to close to them.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:53 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,357,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
No. And I guess it does seem that way. I just want to make him see that no matter what happens, his children need him to close to them.
Agreed!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 09:26 PM

4 posts, read 24,047 times
Well thank you all for your reponses and advice and Doorway you're way off base, you dont me or my situation. So please shut up.. My kids will be 78 miles away from me.. NOt Hundreds as you so dramatically put it..

Old 09-22-2008, 05:15 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,985,088 times
You're right. I am sorry. I wish you and your family the best.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:24 AM

25 posts, read 94,018 times
A couple of names for you. Carolyn Daly of Scott & Daly -Morristown
Christopher Garibian of Salvaggio & Garibian - Morristown and Faith Ulmann of Ullmann& Albino - Newton

Old 09-22-2008, 10:35 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,330,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnj23 View Post
Just moved to new Jersey six months ago and my wife has deceided to file for divorce, I need to obtain a lawyer in the Morris County area.. Does anyone know of a good one ?? anyone I should stay away from..
Don't use Maynard & Truland.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:06 PM

23,878 posts, read 33,601,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnj23 View Post
Just moved to new Jersey six months ago and my wife has deceided to file for divorce, I need to obtain a lawyer in the Morris County area.. Does anyone know of a good one ?? anyone I should stay away from..
Don't have anyone to recommend in that area, shame you're not in Burlington County, my attorney Stan Gregory is awesome. He works for Pellettieri, Rabstein & Altman, I see they have an office in Nutley. I would check them out; so far I've used Stan out of Burlington County and attorneys from their Princeton office. The offices are listed on the contact us page. You can mention Stan's name & Neal S. Solomon, say you were referred by their client.

Since you have kids involved, you want to make sure that everything is in their best interests and if you'd like a few tips, I have them in a post in the relationships forum I can give you the link. Feel free to DM me.

I'm sure you're probably in shock some. Even though you knew it might eventually come to this, when it actually does it sucks the life out of you.

Take care & if the kids ask why, just tell them mommy and daddy can't live together any more or something to that effect. They don't need to know the real reason, it will only screw their heads up.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:26 AM

2 posts, read 4,718 times
I would appreciate it if you could share the name of your mediator. Thanks!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:16 AM

23,878 posts, read 33,601,389 times
Benchmark Solutions - I used Judge Clyne

Very nice man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey