Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:39 PM

11 posts, read 63,120 times

Advertisements

I currently work in the Newark area. I'm looking to buy a single family home in the Brick / Jackson / North Toms River area. I'm wondering what anyone can tell me about these areas and how they compare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 06:22 AM

741 posts, read 3,510,676 times
Brick township is the safest town in all of America. According to the FBI anyway. North Dover in Tom's River is very nice. It seems most folks who live there are pretty wealthy. Schools are good in both towns. Lot's of traffic, lot's of shopping, Lot's of places to eat. And of course you are close to the ocean.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:26 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Jackson also is very nice still up and coming with alot of new developments schools are really good, we have a huge park and ride for commuting they are adding new buses to the route every few months knowing that they needed it...also near 195 and to the shore...

Old 01-19-2007, 09:22 PM

11 posts, read 63,120 times
Thanks for the info. Any areas to stay away from or look for in these towns.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:28 PM

I would stay North Jackson, its easier for the commute...my neighbor drives to newark everyday its about an hour...I have a beautiful house to sell you..lol...its up for sale..anyway, jackson is closer than brick or toms river, Manalapan is very nice and the commute is also pretty good as you have access to the Garden State Parkway to the Turnpike...In jackson you have 195 u can take to the turnpike as well....

Old 01-19-2007, 10:29 PM

We have a new school this is the 3rd year its open, and its great..Our middle school is a bit crowded but they manage, my son has 26 kids in his class....he is in 6th..Our High School is good as well...Its definatley safe here...great neighborhood and very family oriented....lots of kids...

Old 01-21-2007, 06:56 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
All 3 towns are nice, good places to live; off the top of my head I can't think of any area you would want to stay away from. I lived in Brick and my only complaint is that it's getting a bit congested. But the schools are good, crime is low, the town is clean. Jackson is a little more spread out; it's actually quite large. Toms River has never really suited me but not for any real reason.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,601 times
Default Brick!

Safest City in America: Bricktown.

My neighbor commutes to Newark from Bricktown everyday. It's a personal preference about length of commute. I like Brick; there's plenty of stuff to do. Lots of shopping, places to eat, and you're only about 10 minutes from Point Pleasant Beach, plus it's nice to be a little closer to Atlantic City when you want to venture down there.

Toms River's a nice area too, but a little further south then Brick, so that can be tough on the commute.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:45 AM

5 posts, read 17,416 times
Thumbs up Brick

Bricktown, oh how I wish I had the money to move back! We left 17 yrs ago and it didn't take long to regret. Most of the family left do to the over building and over crowding. You'd be hard pressed to find a patch of woods to build a tree fort today. BUT, if it didn't cost so much, I'd be back in a heartbeat!!!
Four from our family moved from Brick to PA. There are only two left in PA and wish they had the funding to move back. Appreciate what you have in Brick. We wait all throughout the year for all too short visits back home. Yes, your taxes are very high, but you have an excellent police force with minimal corruption. You are for the most part, safer than most other places.

Word from the wise, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Brick is a pretty good place. I wish I'd have thought twice before moving out.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:27 AM

41 posts, read 164,216 times
These sound like good areas. Would my 150k buy a townhouse in these areas or have I given today's chuckle?

Thanks, Beverly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey