Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 05:39 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,611,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklyn4Life View Post
Bringing this back from the dead to see if anyone has any other recommendations on home security systems...preferably local installs/local inexpensive monitoring.

Please no more "get a dog" posts. Need real help deciding. Thanks.
Have you tried the consumer's website? See who they recommend. I think they are all pretty similiar... I wouldn't go "cheapest".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 04:36 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklyn4Life View Post
Bringing this back from the dead to see if anyone has any other recommendations on home security systems...preferably local installs/local inexpensive monitoring.

Please no more "get a dog" posts. Need real help deciding. Thanks.
The new house we bought was wired by Brothers Electric out of Hainseport.
They wired the phone, electric, internet, cable & security.

We have an "entertainment panel" in the basement, phone, cable TV/internet goes to it. The problem is the router is missing, Brothers says that the builder didn't pay to have it added. If it was added, I'd be happy. We also did not get the wiring diagram, nor did they lable the lines, said the builder didn't pay for that either. I ended up figuring out all of the internet connections myself, still have to do the phone lines. I do have issues with one phone jack, although I think it was Comcast that messed it up when they came out the day we moved in. Have to call Brothers back out to fix it.

So far, no problems with the security system. There is no contract, they charge $19.99 a month.

We were using Guardian and planned to transfer the service to this house since our buyer didn't want to pay the remaining 3 months on the contract; but they got to be a royal PITA. Every time I turned around they were calling us that the alarm (at the old house) had problems, even though we told them not to monitor it. The gal would call, telling us she can't stop the calls until we send/fax a form back, which we couldn't find; moving and trying to keep paperwork organized was the pits. Told her to mail us a new one, she mailed us forms for a new 3 year contract.

I ended up finding the original paperwork to have it turned off, faxed it over after they called me yet again, waking me up after 10-11 at night. Of course the gal didn't get the fax, so I sent it yet again; thankfully they've left us alone.

Guardian was good when we had them, we were happy, but the BS we had to go through when we moved, put a sour taste in our mouths. Would we use them again? Probably, if Brothers doesn't work out.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:35 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,273,874 times
Helix Integrated Systems
(973) 837-0300‎

They are not far from you in Totowa. Ask for Omar. He is very passionate about home security, knows his stuff, and is a really nice guy. I strongly recommend.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 60,879 times
Not sure if you are still looking Bklyn4Life but I'm starting the same quest myself. Talked to 2 companies today, Eversafe (ADT) and OSA Systems (RRMS). Eversafe is a waste of time but I think you've found that out already. OSA was very polite and helpful on the phone and I have a meeting with them in a few days to put together a full quote. I'll let you know how it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey