Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 03:13 PM

3,022 posts, read 5,860,159 times

Advertisements

PS - We once had an issue with Comcast charging for a service that we weren't actually receiving. On the phone Comcast said that there was nothing they could do to solve the issue. I wrote to Comcast & also sent the letter to the NJ Board of Public Utilities.

Let's just say that all of a sudden Comcast was more than happy to fix the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 03:52 PM

19,148 posts, read 25,375,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
PS - We once had an issue with Comcast charging for a service that we weren't actually receiving. On the phone Comcast said that there was nothing they could do to solve the issue. I wrote to Comcast & also sent the letter to the NJ Board of Public Utilities.

Let's just say that all of a sudden Comcast was more than happy to fix the problem.
On two occasions, I have had major problems with Verizon and their slip-shod to non-existent customer service. I was told by Verizon staffers that there was nothing that they could do to resolve my ongoing connectivity problems. However, w/in 48 hours of filing an online complaint with the Board of Public Utilities, a Verizon executive contacted me and asked how she could help to resolve the problem. And, the next day, it was resolved.

Also, I demanded triple damages, and this Verizon exec readily agreed to my demand, simply because Verizon was in the wrong and had no defense for their inaction and their stonewalling of my earlier requests for help. Sure enough, a very hefty credit appeared on my next Verizon bill.

The bottom line is that utilities (particularly cable and phone companies) will frequently ignore you until you file a complaint with the Board of Public Utilities. Subsequent to the filing of a complaint, they are only too eager to help.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:38 AM

218 posts, read 207,912 times
I have changed my energy provider with JCP&L (now, other names in recent past) and each time I received a letter (paper) telling me they were preparing to change my energy provider to .... if I do not agree with that I had "X" time to notify them not to switch.

Now I'm an old guy and fully able to overlook/forget mail and other "stuff", but that's what I recall and I'm sticking with it.

My second provider was connected with United Airlines and I got 20,000 miles or more, don''t remember, for signing up. But after a few months I found JCP&L was charging a little less than the UA connected provider. Then I got an offer from JCP&L (could that be rigth? included with my bill as I recall) and it offered me a 9.99 cents per kWH fixed for some period of time. I took it I haven't see a sub-10 cent rate in years... talking just energy, total in the ball park of 15 cents per KWH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey