Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 09:29 AM

152 posts, read 208,907 times

Advertisements

I am a customer of PALMco and have been robbed blind by them. In my latest bill they billed me five times the price I would have paid through PSE&G for Gas and three times the price I would have paid for Electric. Consequently, I ended up paying about $840 extra this month and looking back I see that they have over charged me by $250 for the past two months too. The first month I saved some money and then they started increasing prices. I called them and they told me that the rates are variable and this is what they are charging me. I am now exploring my options to cancel the service as well as get the money back.

I have also started a Facebook Community page to help spread the information - https://www.facebook.com/palmcoreviews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 09:30 AM

152 posts, read 208,907 times
I have made some progress with Palmco and will share the details once we reach a conclusion

Old 02-27-2014, 10:19 AM

861 posts, read 2,717,006 times
You're not the only one.
Frigid winter sends electric prices soaring for NJ customers who switched power suppliers | NJ.com

Old 02-27-2014, 10:31 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
It's reasons like this that I refuse to ever switch to some "alternative" electric supplier that nobody has ever heard of. If you read the fine print in any of their mailings you will see something to the effect of "savings not guaranteed". Just stick to a reputable company like PSE&G. It's not worth trying to save a few bucks and getting screwed in the end. These no-name companies have no bargaining power when it comes to rates, so they'll end up paying the most and passing that cost on to customers.

Last edited by ansky; 02-27-2014 at 10:40 AM..

Old 02-27-2014, 10:48 AM

118 posts, read 316,385 times
This thread will provide some insight.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ergy-scam.html

Old 04-01-2014, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 20,584 times
Default Beware of palmco

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW IN FULL. IT WILL SAVE YOUR TIME, MONEY AND PIECE OF MIND. DO NOT SWITCH YOUR GAS OR ELECTRIC PROVIDER TO PALMCO!!! UNETHICAL POWER SUPPLIERS! BEWARE! My electricity bills went up by 300% within first 3 months. My GAS bill went up by almost 80%. When I called them they mentioned this is because of huge demand for electricity because of winter and they are charging me variable rate. I checked JCP&L rates for the same period and noticed it is almost 1/3rd of the rates PALMCO is charging. I also checked the rates NJNG is charging for Natural gas and noticed that PALMCO is charging around 80% more compared to NJNG for natural gas. I immediately applied for switching my services to JCP&L and NJNG. Please note that when you call PALMCO's customer support, you need to be on hold for at least half an hour. Once you get hold of a customer support agent and start speaking about high bill, they will disconnect the call abruptly. What a freaking customer support. What a waste of time. MY HUMBLE ADVICE – AVOID PALMCO AS FAR AS POSSIBLE.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:39 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotharijk View Post
PALMCO!!! UNETHICAL POWER SUPPLIERS! BEWARE!
Rule #1: No one is in business to make money for you.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 20,004 times
Default palmco nj - scam, this company should not be in business

I also got completely scammed by this company for their "variable" rates that they told me would be cheaper than my current provider. Since Jan, I have paid over 2000 dollars than what I would have paid PSE&G for the same service. When I complained through the public utilities dept, I only got 329 dollars back. Now I am reporting them to the better business bureau because I am not happy with the resolution. They said it was a "courtesy" that they are reviewing my bill. I should never have signed up with them and would not if they explained that variable is charging you 10x more for the same service. This company should not be allowed to be in business if they cannot offer competitive prices. I could not believe the $1100 bill in March. Plus I still pay pseg on my bill which was never explained to me.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 19,918 times
Same issue here with Palmco. I checked my bill for a couple months and saw some small savings... but I got hit with $1000 bill in Febuary... which started me looking much more closely. I have done analysis over the past 28 months and see that I have been OVERBILLED by Palmco for about $5100 more that PSE&G rates. I am outraged. Palmco offers me a $200 Customer Loyalty credit. I am now pursuing legal action to recoup my money.

I do not remember signing any agreement... Palmco says I signed a variable rate agreement... but I have asked now several times for a copy and they are unable to do so. Told me last call that State regulations require that they do not maintain contract copied beyond a 3 year statutory period... so tired of their baloney!

Old 08-05-2014, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 19,080 times
Same issue as the above posts. Switched to Palmco in April, 2014 at a rate of .0069. After the 90 day period, it went up to .025. My electric bill more than doubled. I didn't sign their agreement when I received it in the mail. After speaking with their "customer dis-service" department, they offered me a measly $41.00 credit. I immediately switched to back to Levco, a company that I have had positive past experiences with. I was fortunate and only got stung for one month through Palmco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: