Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 08:57 AM

130 posts, read 224,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
brady seems to want to support the story line that people risk their lives for their cars. he likes to say "don't risk your life for a car!!" but I doubt that's whats happening. its just the narrative that seems to work best for brady.
This^. I certainly doubt he was defending his car, but if he was, so what? More likely, he may have feared that she would have been taken along and wound up being gang raped in some Newark crack house so he may well have been defending her as any man should.
The reality is that we need CCW here is New Jerky. The would be far fewer of these incidents if these bozos thought they could get shot in the face for their trouble.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:00 AM

18,481 posts, read 15,279,839 times
Quote:
they should be put to death by cheese grater.
Or a rat in a bucket.

(anyone who watches Game of Thrones knows what I am talking about)

Old 12-21-2013, 09:02 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
i saw the story of them arresting 4 guys this morning. anyone else see that and think something along the lines of "you kill a white person and they will find you." i dont really know how more or less likely a murderer is of being found if the victim is white or black, but the thought popped in there.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:06 AM

18,481 posts, read 15,279,839 times
Quote:
i saw the story of them arresting 4 guys this morning. anyone else see that and think something along the lines of "you kill a white person and they will find you." i dont really know how more or less likely a murderer is of being found if the victim is white or black, but the thought popped in there.
No. More like "you kill a rich person and we will find you".

But on the flip side, I am glad because they make it a huge deterrent to commit crime in a place where my family might be. That doesn't mean I don't feel for the decent people who live in poor neighborhoods. I do. But self preservation is a strong instinct. What happened is a rare occurrence because most people are smart enough to steal the Toyota in Newark instead of the Range Rover in Short Hills. A good criminal knows how to weigh risks and benefits.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
No. More like "you kill a rich person and we will find you".

But on the flip side, I am glad because they make it a huge deterrent to commit crime in a place where my family might be. That doesn't mean I don't feel for the decent people who live in poor neighborhoods. I do. But self preservation is a strong instinct. What happened is a rare occurrence because most people are smart enough to steal the Toyota in Newark instead of the Range Rover in Short Hills. A good criminal knows how to weigh risks and benefits.
yeah, i think that it happened in short hills mall was a big part of it. thats supposed to be safe territory. if it was a black couple with their range rover and bloomies bags it probably would have been taken care of similarly.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:18 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,246,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
IF they are convicted. Can we at least allow the system of justice--no matter how slow it always seems to be--to work through the process?
Slow? If it was indictment 12/23, arraignment 12/27, trial 1/2/14, conviction & sentence 1/12/14, perhaps I'd be happy.
More likely, indictment 2014, motions & hearings 2015, a series of trials commencing 2016, appeals through 2025, federal habeus corpus actions through 2030 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
should we just dispense with the sequence of indictment, trial, conviction, and sentencing, and just go directly from arrest to sentencing?
I'll settle for "shot, while trying to escape".

Old 12-21-2013, 10:46 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,407,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuenoOffenhauser View Post
This^. I certainly doubt he was defending his car, but if he was, so what? More likely, he may have feared that she would have been taken along and wound up being gang raped in some Newark crack house so he may well have been defending her as any man should.
The reality is that we need CCW here is New Jerky. The would be far fewer of these incidents if these bozos thought they could get shot in the face for their trouble.
Great idea because no cars ever get jacked in CCW states.

When somebody sticks a gun in your face you give them what they want. Your car and watch is not worth losing your life.
And I am a CCW holder. A gun in your holster has no chance against a gun in your face.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:20 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,028,167 times
It never dawned on me, but my father said (and he is right about it too) that he cannot understand why one of the wealthiest malls in the entire country cannot have better security, especially knowing Newark is a mere five miles away.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
It never dawned on me, but my father said (and he is right about it too) that he cannot understand why one of the wealthiest malls in the entire country cannot have better security, especially knowing Newark is a mere five miles away.
you mean get the mall cops segways? maybe attach machine guns to the segways. part of being rich and being in rich people places is not being surrounded by tons of security. us beautiful people arent supposed to see the ugliness of metal detectors, police, checkpoints, etc.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:37 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,028,167 times
Quote:
you mean get the mall cops segways? maybe attach machine guns to the segways. part of being rich and being in rich people places is not being surrounded by tons of security. us beautiful people arent supposed to see the ugliness of metal detectors, police, checkpoints, etc.
Unless you are that conveniently close to dangerous inner city areas, whose elements are that easy to branch right in. Cherry Hill Mall in South Jersey has had a car theft problem for decades because it is right near Camden.

Just put your head back in the clouds like it always has been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey