Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 10:50 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Most of the smaller things like New or Upgraded stations and New / Refurbished Rail / buses are underway.... and the Painting of Bridges or smaller upgrades is also underway.... I would say at the rate its going all the Hudson Bergen LRT projects will be completed by 2025 , and most of the Major Rail Expansion projects.
That's one I'm really looking forward to, the HBLR expansions to actually serve Bergen County. I'd love seeing passenger service restored to the old Erie Lackawanna line, so many gorgeous stations along that line that could be put back into some sort of use.

The Bergen-Passaic line would be using DMU fleets correct? As it'd be sharing ROW with the Susie Q?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 01:49 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
That's one I'm really looking forward to, the HBLR expansions to actually serve Bergen County. I'd love seeing passenger service restored to the old Erie Lackawanna line, so many gorgeous stations along that line that could be put back into some sort of use.

The Bergen-Passaic line would be using DMU fleets correct? As it'd be sharing ROW with the Susie Q?
Phase 1 of the Lackawanna Restoration to Andover is underway..... There not restoring all the stations on the Jersey Side , only 2 out 3 stations in NJ will be restored. PA however will see all stations restored. The Philpsburg connections will see 5-10 stations restored. As for Bergen - Passaic line , its tied up in Changes. NJT only gave Bergen county 2 stations , the county wants 7 stations. So its in Political limbo , although adding stations wouldn't cost much , NJT already bought the ROW from Hawthorne to Bogotá. The line would use DMUs similar to the Riverline , although since theres not alot of curves like the Riverline , longer DMU's might be used.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:06 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,748 times
Quote:
Phase 1 of the Lackawanna Restoration to Andover is underway..... There not restoring all the stations on the Jersey Side , only 2 out 3 stations in NJ will be restored. PA however will see all stations restored. The Philpsburg connections will see 5-10 stations restored. As for Bergen - Passaic line , its tied up in Changes. NJT only gave Bergen county 2 stations , the county wants 7 stations. So its in Political limbo , although adding stations wouldn't cost much , NJT already bought the ROW from Hawthorne to Bogotá. The line would use DMUs similar to the Riverline , although since theres not alot of curves like the Riverline , longer DMU's might be used.
Hackensack is still the current planned Bergen County terminus right? A station in Bogota wouldn't be opposed, at least not from my standpoint

Old 05-19-2011, 04:16 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
The whole lower half of Southern New Jersey really needs vast improvement in mass transit. We could really use more rail lines down here especially in Gloucester, Cumberland, Salem, and Cape May County. I would love to see a hard rail line running from Camden, NJ to Millville, NJ or even see a light rail line running from Atlantic City to Wildwood, NJ. The perfect scenario of course would be a high speed rail line running from Philly to Ocean City, NJ.

The rail lines that do exist now are ok, but only serves people who live in certain parts Burlington, Camden, and Atlantic County. If you don't live in any of those counties your basically on your own in that department. As for bus service in South Jersey, Salem and Cumberland County are arguable the worst in the entire state as many residents of those counties would definitely agree.

You would think an area like South Jersey which is located so close to cities like Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE (note: both are the largest cities in their states) would have a much better mass transit system than it does now. South Jersey is actually growing at a faster rate that Northern New Jersey is. You would think the state would start to pay attention to that but with them continually ignoring the southern half of New Jersey, I see that things haven't really changed that much.
You actually underestimate ur transit network as there is already an express bus called 552 that is from Atlantic city to wildwood It runs 24/7. Also in cumberland the 553 that goes to atlantic city from bridgeton cumberland is also 24/7 but is very frequent running about every 30 mins it also has crowding problems that would put some northern routes to shame!!!!! In terms of ridership. The 410 however is the weakest link only running every 2 hours from philly to bridgeton via salem and gloucester. Also the 408 and 313 lines already run to millville from philly 313 being faster. Also ur right about salem not so much but on point with cumberland 408 runs throughout the day. Salem and gloucester don't warrent full rail service (excpet the upcoming glassboro line). So yeah its flawed there also needs to be a line from salem to cumberland. Salem is the worst not by a long shot hunterdon and sussex have salem beat in that category hands down!!!!! 401 and 402 run in salem along rtes nj45 and us130 how frequent should they run???? should a line be added to rte 40 and 49??? also based on these links what needs improvement???http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0401.pdf and http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0402.pdf and http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0410.pdf and http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0408.pdf and http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0553.pdf and http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T1313.pdf and NJ Bus Map for Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem Counties based on these link I mean review them carefully. What needs to be improved and what is wrong with these lines?? O and atlantic city lines were improved over the years. salem does not warrent rail I was on a full bus there the traffic just isnt there

Old 05-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
You actually underestimate ur transit network as there is already an express bus called 552 that is from Atlantic city to wildwood It runs 24/7. Also in cumberland the 553 that goes to atlantic city from bridgeton cumberland is also 24/7 but is very frequent running about every 30 mins it also has crowding problems that would put some northern routes to shame!!!!! In terms of ridership. The 410 however is the weakest link only running every 2 hours from philly to bridgeton via salem and gloucester. Also the 408 and 313 lines already run to millville from philly 313 being faster. Also ur right about salem not so much but on point with cumberland 408 runs throughout the day. Salem and gloucester don't warrent full rail service (excpet the upcoming glassboro line). So yeah its flawed there also needs to be a line from salem to cumberland. Salem is the worst not by a long shot hunterdon and sussex have salem beat in that category hands down!!!!! 401 and 402 run in salem along rtes nj45 and us130 how frequent should they run???? should a line be added to rte 40 and 49??? also based on these links what needs improvement???http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0401.pdf and http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0402.pdf and http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0410.pdf and http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0408.pdf and http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0553.pdf and http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T1313.pdf and NJ Bus Map for Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem Counties based on these link I mean review them carefully. What needs to be improved and what is wrong with these lines?? O and atlantic city lines were improved over the years. salem does not warrent rail I was on a full bus there the traffic just isnt there
Its a joke of a system every County in South Jersey deserves Rail....people don't seem to want buses....or use them.... You seem to be out of touch with reality about there systems , theres more to a map. The Frequency in South Jersey is bad....and people seem to be more Warm to Rail.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
Hackensack is still the current planned Bergen County terminus right? A station in Bogota wouldn't be opposed, at least not from my standpoint
Yes , theres some fighting over whether the station should be placed on Main Street or State Street. Hackensack wants it on Main Street , anyone whos been to Hackensack knows theres nothing on state street. So far NJT its not being viewed well by the County. Bogotá could be a future station if NJT reactivates the West Shore line , which i think would be better then the Northern Branch project.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Its a joke of a system every County in South Jersey deserves Rail....people don't seem to want buses....or use them.... You seem to be out of touch with reality about there systems , theres more to a map. The Frequency in South Jersey is bad....and people seem to be more Warm to Rail.
I know that but have you even been to salem??? you are way out of touch with reality my friend so know ur place and calm down cause ur not answering my question if you wont answer dont bother wasting ur breath. U seen to want to add rail to even deserted areas cmon now. now if they had a few cross rail lines that wont just simply copy the 400 series I will believe you. By the way the cape may and glassboro millvile lines are the only lines that are not useless. The atlantic city line connects communities that the 551 skips so the line actually although parallel does not duplicate 551. But the salem ones literally make no sense.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
If it was not a joke of a system would I be asking about how it can be improved??? ok then I know this I wasnt talking to u now butt out

Old 05-19-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
ya cant possibly be talking about 553 right or the 500 lines or even 408 ??? plz try the system then you will have the right to say what should be done cause I can tell you know nothing about these lines as you havent used em at all.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:35 PM

NJ Gold Coast

System : Hudson-Bergen Light Rail
Number of lines : 3
Stations : 24
2010 Daily Ridership : 45,000 (Projected 2020 Ridership : 110,000)
System Expansions by 2035 : Bayfront Station , Canal Crossing , Grove Street / 18th Street, Northern Branch extension , and 6th Street Extension.

System : PATH
Length : 14 mi
Stations : 13
Ridership : 270,000 (Projected 2020 Ridership : 300,000)
System Expansions by 2035 : EWR Extension , Signal Upgrades and New Rolling Stock , Upgraded Hoboken , Harrison , Newport and Journal SQ stations.

Stations in NJ Gold Coast

Hoboken
45th Street
34th Street
22nd Street
8th Street
2nd Street
Lincoln Harbor
Port Imperial
Bergenline Ave
Tonnelle Ave
Journal SQ
Grove Street
Exchange Place (PATH)
Newport
9th/Congress Streets
Pavonia / Newport
Harimus Cove
Harborside Center
Exchange Place (LRT)
Essex Street
Marin Boulevard
Jersey Ave
Liberty State Park
Garfield Ave
MLK Boulevard
West Side Ave
Richard Street
Danfourth Ave

------Future stations in NJ Gold Coast------

West Shore line > Jersey City Heights / Secaucus Road
West Shore line > North Bergen JCT
91st Street
South Weehawken
Bayfront
Canal Crossing
6th Street / Grove Street
6th Street / Coles Street
Newark Ave
Hoboken Ave / Baldwin Ave
Hoboken Ave / Summit Ave
Grove Street / 18th Street
Liberty State Park Terminal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey