Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2021, 12:00 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,704,831 times

Advertisements

I am extremely late - so sorry I missed it Kathryn - but hope it was a memorable one - one deserving of such a great person. I'm continuing the party LOL

Have a great weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR KATHRYN ARAGON!!!

WE ARE HAVING A HUGE PARTY & YOU ARE ALL INVITED!!!

DEAR CITY DATA FORUM FRIENDS

DEAR NEW HAMPSHIRE FORUM FRIENDS

DEAR COUNTRY PORCH FAMILY FORUM FRIENDS

I hope that everyone reading this is doing GREAT!

Please join us in CELEBRATING Our DEAR FRIEND, LONG TIME CONTRIBUTOR,

CITY DATA FORUM MEMBER & AMAZING LADY SHE IS HAVING A BIRTHDAYYAY!!

Please come & bring some BIRTHDAY CHEER, enjoy the GOODIES, bring some of your own goodies to

SHARE ( I AM COUNTING ON YOU) let us CELEBRATE HER ALL MONTH

long!!!

We are having BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM CAKE, THREE KINGS CAKE-EPIPHANY CAKE (SHE

LOVES IT) THREE KINGS CAKE ICE CREAM BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM, FRANGELICO, KAHLUA,

VALERIE C's LIQUEUR MOJITOS BOSTON CREAM PIE LOBSTER ROLLS LASAGNA, BANANA CREAM

PIE (from EMERIL'S RESTAURANT in LOUISIANA) LOUISIANA GUMBO TEXAS CHILI etc. etc.

DEAREST KATHRYN ARAGON

My DEAR FRIEND I wish you an AMAZING BIRTHDAY MONTH & YEAR!!

May you be BLESSED with GREAT HEALTH, JOY, PEACE, LOVE, HAPPINESS & everything GOOD!!

Thank you for your KINDNESS, your positivity, your wisdom, your advice on many threads

throughout the forum, your lovely contributions to the COUNTRY PORCH, for helping us CELEBRATE

BIRTHDAYS here, etc. etc.

But most of ALL, THANK YOU for being a part of the COUNTRY PORCH

FAMILY And for your AMAZING FRIENDSHIP!!! ((HUGS)) LOVE YA!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs5vUfddkT8

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR

KATHRYN ARAGON!! YAY!! CHEERS, BLESSINGS, LOVE & PRAYERS GOING YOUR WAY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 11:02 PM

Everyone is welcome to the Country Porch - thanks for bringing them along - and LOL about the copter not being that big LOLOL - needed the chuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Happy Birthday Kathryn! So nice to see you up here, so far north! And Country, the Bailey's Irish Cream Cake is scrumptious, as is the THREE Kings Cake! It's like a King Cake - only this one actually tastes good (those ones from Gambino's just give me hypoglycemia). I can taste orange peel, and real butter - really GOOD butter... maybe that excellent Cultured Butter from here in New England. Yum! What a CAKE! The microbes in the cultured butter make it even lower in carbs than regular butter.

And speaking of microbes, I brought my granddaughter, Babs, and Avigail, who, for all practical purposes, is also my granddaughter. She acquired us. I hope this is OK. If not, the copter is a short, fun, romp through the snow, and they can be back in Greenwich (with Avi's other grandparents), in a trice. As you can see, they're absorbed with their phones, anyway. The girls determined what we'd bring, and so here are very-very spicy meatballs, and our home-made Cranberry-chocolate Seltzer (sugar-free, of course). Here comes the pilot, with the 2-gallon Cater Gator. I suppose the thermos is to keep the seltzer from freezing...

The girls are learning about the wondrous benefits of Microbial Antagonism, and when they looked-up a meatballs recipe, and saw eggs, I remarked, "OH! Great! TWO kinds of microbes!" Well... that made it better, as far as Babs & Avi are concerned, because, in their six-year-old minds, the Salmonella and the E-Coli will cancel each other, in a no-holds-barred cage match. But don't worry, everything's well-cooked, and the surrounding tapenade is loaded with natural antimicrobials. I don't have to tell you, that this summer, those two excelled at slathering mud on the wattle-&-daub vegetable beds' walls, and are total reigning experts within their uncles' composting schemes.

If it's alright, I'm going to just enjoy the aroma of the Irish Cream, Frangelica (which makes a wonderful substitute for almond extract, when it's time to make Gelée d'Amande), and Kahlua. Somebody please distract the girls with that FABULOUS EMERIL'S GUMBO, while I sneak-off and enjoy at least two of those irresistible (but not-exactly-Kosher) Lobster Rolls.

However, under no circumstances, let the girls near the Texas Chili. The copter's not THAT big.

And again, Kathryn, I hope you're having a wonderful, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And kudos to you, Country, for being the consummate party planner!

Old 02-15-2021, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamian in nc View Post
Hello everyone on this New Hampshire thread. I happened to click on this posting and loved the past few pages! You sound like such a lively, happy and welcoming group. I love your continued celebrations and the beautiful photos of the Three Kings and other cakes too here.

I'm originally from Miami, Florida, and I have been living in North Carolina for 18 years - 18 LONG years. I'm trying to find a new home in the new year. Your thread gave me some hope that there are people like me still around. In Miami we always celebrated Christmas through the Epiphany and we even had a Three Kings Parade there in the Latin/Hispanic community.

My mom's birthday was January 8th, so we always kept our Christmas tree and manger scene up until her birthday, and then in years that ensued we even extended it further. We loved the beauty and the traditions we had there.

I have never felt that warmth here in North Carolina, feeling more and more like I don't belong in each passing year. I loved reading your thread!

I'm in Raleigh area of NC, where are you? Sorry I don't get on CD much so my replies are far away and in between. I've been down here for almost 19 years and I agree with you. All my friends down here (and there aren't many) are all from states NORTH of here. I will try to come on and read responses later, my plate is just a bit full at the moment.

NH2NCMOM

Old 02-15-2021, 11:52 PM

Where are you? I no longer see you on FB

Last edited by NH2NCMom; 02-15-2021 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: For ATGSS

Old 02-18-2021, 11:07 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Oops, I am also very late to the party. I was gone for more than a month, so I didn't see the invitation

Not sure what to write, other than wishing Kathryn all the best

Old 02-19-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Oops, I am also very late to the party. I was gone for more than a month, so I didn't see the invitation

Not sure what to write, other than wishing Kathryn all the best

Isn't that the best post after all? wishing anyone the best! - so guess what? I wish YOU the best as well.

Have a great day (from the person who was also very late to the party) LOL

Old 02-19-2021, 12:48 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
Isn't that the best post after all? wishing anyone the best! - so guess what? I wish YOU the best as well.

Have a great day (from the person who was also very late to the party) LOL
Thanks, I think we all need it these days

Old 04-18-2021, 05:13 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,200,663 times
What?

Where am I?

It seems that I was knocked-out for a while and woke up here!

In reality, what happened to me a couple of days after my B.D. ("from the deep valleys of h*ll") I don't wish on anyone.
Lets just say that somewhere, someone who I don't know probably doesn't like me much and wrecked havoc on my FB account as well as here.

I purposely took a sudden hiatus of being hopeful that this has passed as I'm still feeling "weary and groggy" of what happened and to realize that there's awful people out there with nothing else better to do in our midst.

I hope that everyone here is fine and well!

Old 04-24-2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
What?

Where am I?

It seems that I was knocked-out for a while and woke up here!

In reality, what happened to me a couple of days after my B.D. ("from the deep valleys of h*ll") I don't wish on anyone.
Lets just say that somewhere, someone who I don't know probably doesn't like me much and wrecked havoc on my FB account as well as here.

I purposely took a sudden hiatus of being hopeful that this has passed as I'm still feeling "weary and groggy" of what happened and to realize that there's awful people out there with nothing else better to do in our midst.

I hope that everyone here is fine and well!

OK I guess you are forgiven - now get your butt where you belong! We missed you

Old 04-24-2021, 07:55 AM

Default Happy Birthday this week to 2 wonderful CD folks

We have TWO huge birthdays this week, and one I *KNOW* is today - our realtor, Val C!

The other birthday I *KNOW* is close to Val's - our own COUNTRY

So please everyone wish these ladies a wonderful week and share your goodies.

(I don't do pretty like Country - and I wish CD would just allow pictures like every other format - so we don't have to have a "hosting" site!)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire