Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 PM

8 posts, read 31,873 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Relocating with my family to the Nashville area at the start of the new year and while looking for an affordable 3br apartment, that is on the bus line and easily accessable to supermarkets and the like. Found an advertisement for The Park and Hillside apartments and was wondering if anyone lives there, or knows of them and can tell me if this is a good place to live.
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 01:23 PM

I'm surprised that no one seems to have nothing to say regarding these apartments. Is it because they are fine or is it because they are unknown? They're on Hillside Avenue and I just wanted to know if they are worth looking at when my family and I are in Nashville next month in prep for our relocation in January. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:42 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,242,590 times
It may be because this would have been better posted in the Nashville sub-forum. I'll ask the moderator to move it.

I don't know anything about the apartments themselves. That is an older neighborhood and is close to a commercial area. For lack of a better term, I guess I would call it a lower middle-class or working class neighborhood. The area had been allowed to run down a bit, but I believe that it's making a small comeback (houses being renovated, some new construction). At one time people wanted to move away from the older neighborhood out to the new suburbs; now people want to be closer to where they work and where the nightlife is. That would be a convenient area because I-65 is nearby, and just north of there is the interloop around downtown.

Would it be worth at least looking at the apartment? Probably so. I'm not sure about supermarkets and such in the area. It might be a short drive to find what you need (either south or over to the west). Ten years from now there will probably be more options in the immediately area, but for now it's probably somewhat limited.

There is a nice view of downtown from Ft. Negley Park nearby. You could have a nice view from the apartment if one faces toward downtown. If you like baseball, you would be very close to Greer Stadium where the Nashville Sounds play. They're a nice AAA team.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:40 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,550,180 times
Moved to Nashville forum.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:25 PM

91 posts, read 302,786 times
stay away

its the hood

Old 11-02-2009, 03:58 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,242,590 times
I can't edit my post above (there is an edit time limit on this forum). I should had added that I'm not intimately familiar with the area; most of my knowledge comes just from going through the area either on my way to Greer Stadium, or Ft. Negley. Someone who actually lives in the area would have a better handle on what the apartment might be like.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:21 AM

Thank you for your responses.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:06 PM

10 posts, read 64,676 times
I think these apartments are restricted to low income. I haven't heard of any problems there, but I think they are next to the Edgehill Homes public housing and also some troubled private homes. I would walk around the neighborhood before committing.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:30 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,039,710 times
Ladyandie,

Aren't you the one who e-mailed me a year or so ago about a move to Gallatin? Did you not make that move?

Regarding Park at Hillside, oakland2nashville is correct. These apartments are the 'hood. Stay away. Tell me what you're looking to spend each month and to where you'll be commuting and I can give you some better options.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 AM

Pimpy,

I am indeed the same person but put the move off for a year. Things are looking very positive towards us going by the start of the year, after a promising job interview so I'm asking around again.

I'm trying to see if I can spend no more than around $850 per month for a 3br but it seems as if that is an impossibility--at least in a decent area. Still looking though and would prefer a house but will take an apartment. My job commute will be from the downtown Nashville area and I'm looking to be near a decent supermarket and the like (Don't want to have to drive an hour to buy a gallon of milk).

Last edited by ladyandie; 11-03-2009 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Additional info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville