Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 08:57 AM

195 posts, read 525,792 times

Advertisements

What can you say about the demography of Berkeley Ridge Apartments or its surrounding area? I'm considering moving there but don't know much about the demography of the residents. I'm white dude from LA.

Any other apartment you could reco ? Nothing fancy but just don't want to be out of place. I will be working near the Nashville airport. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 12:20 PM

150 posts, read 442,151 times
I don't know anything about Berkelely Ridge as I just moved here in early June, but you might want to contact Lori at Aparment Selector here in Nashville. I used them when I moved from NC. There is no cost to you. The apartment complex pays them if you rent. They will find out what type of apt you are looking for, what area and what you want to pay and then they will send you info on apts that meet your criteria. They are there to answer all you questions and will even take you around to look if you want. Lori has lived here for 18yrs and she knew about every complex I had asked about. They were just what I needed as I moved here having never been here before and not knowing anyone. The number is: (615) 833-3151. Good luck!

Old 07-25-2008, 03:10 PM

195 posts, read 525,792 times
Thanks Eescapes.

I actually did try apartment selector prior (not assigned to Lori though) but no info given to me except what is already in apartment guide website.

One thing I learned is that the rates listed for the company is an annual monthly rate. Since I do not know the area yet, I could only commit to an initial one month, then decide to go for the long term if everything turns out fine. However, the shortest term provided to me was 3-months and the rate is the posted annual monthly rate + $100 for each month (so this computes to an additional $300) which is quite steep.

I guess I have no other recourse but to just rent those $200/week hotels for 1 week. Hopefully, within the week, I would have found the apartment that is for me.

Is there anybody out there who wish to share their moving in stories, especially those who do not have relatives/friends to stay with initially ? Like where did you
stay the first night - is it in hotel, is it straight to an apartment that you've closed contract with prior to actual relocation? is it inside car ? is it from a house you bought prior to relocation ?

After spending the first night, what did you set out to do for the first 2 weeks ? I'm thinking the first 2 weeks is the most vital in terms of setting up the settling down.

I'm building a to-do list for my first 2 weeks and please feel to add. I'l be moving in just by myself.

- license and car registration to be under Tennessee
- look for longer term apartment to stay in and lock in 6 months. basis for apartment is price, proximity to work, safety, referrals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville