Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:16 AM

55 posts, read 129,182 times

Advertisements

We have moved to Cookeville Putnam County and I can say the schoolsysthem there for children is great special for Special Needs kids.When I arrived here I had a meeting right away to be able to place my son in the right school and it has been great ever since.Wiiliamson is not the only great district.Some folks just can't afford Williamson,Franklin or Brentwood,but there are other districts out there thts good too,but for a family with a special needs child rural areas should not be the first choice services are slower and counties are not so well funded there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 01:14 PM

43 posts, read 146,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charm View Post
Heard rumor that a walmart and a publix are planned for Fairview. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.
Actually, I can now confirm that Publix and CVS are moving into Fairview in Bowie Commons, a new shopping "center" in the middle of town. Thank God. With the tiny little blips of good news in the financial market, it seems Fairview's progress is back on.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:52 AM

541 posts, read 1,225,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumwunzma View Post
Dickson is the armpit. Fairview is "up and coming". The town is going to have some growing pains, especially old school residents who don't like all these "new folks" but the town government is planning for the boom. The more subdivisions that pop up, the less you will see the trailers. I think it's a beautiful city. And that's why we're moving there!!!
If they would just finish 840.....
This is why I appreciate surrounding areas that have resisted this nonsense. I'm sorry, but creating more 0.19 acre lot subdivisions just makes your area an armpit. Or at least it will as those homes age. There's no individuality, no personality, no room for even sprucing your space up. You don't even get the variety of urban bungalows and sidewalks intermixed with stores or retail sections. You just get deforestation and a permanent clutter of houses that all look the same.

Move there if you will. Just don't expect the things that drew you there to remain for long if the developers get ahold of it. They have a habit or wrecking a landscape around here and usually without the inclusion of park space or open areas.

I realize this is a bumped old thread, but it's worth stating after that bump.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:15 PM

2 posts, read 18,634 times
Quote:
Actually, I can now confirm that Publix and CVS are moving into Fairview in Bowie Commons, a new shopping "center" in the middle of town. Thank God. With the tiny little blips of good news in the financial market, it seems Fairview's progress is back on.
I assume you are talking about both those retailers going into Bowie Commons. I had heard that SouthStar was restricted from putting a drug store in Bowie Commons. What do you know about this?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 AM

541 posts, read 1,225,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlestone18 View Post
We are relocating from England, and I am trying to investigate the schools in Fairview, will visit FHS next week. GreatSchools.net has some info, but I don't know how much stock to put in their scores, as it seems to be more rural.
Rural schools in the US outperform urban schools and by a wide margin. You generally have fewer offerings, but you also have classrooms more conducive to learning without the constant distractions and acting out you see in urban schools. You generally get a lot more individual attention, as well.

That said, the best schools in the nation are usually located in the more wealthy suburbs.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:11 AM

8 posts, read 25,465 times
Fairview HS is within the top 1000 high schools in the nation list. I think it's in the 800 range.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:20 AM

Most of the people who have moved to Fairview, like myself, are not from here. The town is changing everyday. All new houses in Fairview being built in Fairview are on at least a 1/2 acre which is not the case in Frankin. Fairview is also the best communte into Nashville(I-40). I-65 and I-24 are horrible commutes. Fairview is surrounded by I-40 and 840(not yet complete but it's being worked on) so the infrastructure is sound for growth. It is starting now actually.....

Old 05-20-2009, 04:30 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,297,235 times
Does anyone know if Fairview High School still has a JAG (Jobs for America's Graduates) program. Fairview is listed on the Tennessee web site, but I haven't been able to find any information.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar View Post
We heard the same thing from a friend. So maybe it is true.
Publix is true, Walmart is not.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:25 AM

2 posts, read 7,360 times
Quote:
Dickson is the armpit. Fairview is "up and coming"..
I'm certainly glad that my hometown of Dickson has been referred to as an "armpit". Hopefully that will mean fewer refugees from more pristine, quaint locales such as Franklin, Brentwood, and anywhere in California or the northeast. Folks flee the high taxes and costs of living associated with these areas then come out to our little 'armpit' and drive up taxes and the costs of living here, too. All the while they will gripe and moan about what a bunch of hicks we are and how our schools fail to offer a yachting curriculum (or any number of other things schools in their home towns/states enjoyed as a result of crippling tax burdens). If you don't like it here so much, please, feel free to go home and take your "progress" with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville