Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 07:15 PM

270 posts, read 797,830 times

Advertisements

I haven't been on in a while but just wanted to say hi and let y'all know I am still happy and loving it here! In fact, I can't think of one thing to complain about I went to Tootsies for the 1st time last week, had a blast and ate at Jack's BBQ, yummmmmm. There is so much to do, if only I had a money tree to do it all. Well anyways I just wanted to say to everyone who use to help me out with info, especially alleycat. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer! ~Mary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 07:20 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,248,251 times
I'm glad you liked Tootsie's. I'd heard of Tootsie's all my life but had never been inside until back in the late 80's sometime. I was surprised. I thought, "THIS is the world-famous Tootsie's Orchid Lounge?" I couldn't believe how small it was down on the street level.

;-)

Old 09-03-2008, 07:26 PM

187 posts, read 624,421 times
Hey Alleycat,
If you have not been to Tootsies since the 80's...you will be in for a huge surprise...it is the place to go for college kids and other of the younger crowd. Very happening now....80's...not so much.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyknashville View Post
Hey Alleycat,
If you have not been to Tootsies since the 80's...you will be in for a huge surprise...it is the place to go for college kids and other of the younger crowd. Very happening now....80's...not so much.
I think I've only been once in the past ten years (on a blind date, of all things). I was just surprised at the size of the place downstairs the first time I went. It must have been a crowded place back when the Opry performers would sneak over during the show to have a drink.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I'm glad you liked Tootsie's. I'd heard of Tootsie's all my life but had never been inside until back in the late 80's sometime. I was surprised. I thought, "THIS is the world-famous Tootsie's Orchid Lounge?" I couldn't believe how small it was down on the street level.

;-)
Hi alleycat! Yeah I was warned about how small it was inside. My friend's husband was playing there so I went with her to watch him. It was pretty cool.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:58 PM
BNB

172 posts, read 693,193 times
We love Tootsies! Made sure we went there both times we were back for our trips to Nashville. There was a much younger crowd (than us) but that did not stop us from having a great time! :-)

Old 09-03-2008, 09:47 PM

The ghost of Hank Williams is supposed to live upstairs of Tootsie's. He's probably just still working off his bar tab.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:35 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,342,934 times
We haven't been there but I hope to soon. I'm not above going to tourist places..or anyplace for that matter...there's fun to be had everywhere, right? I like to think about the history of a place like that in its heyday.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
We haven't been there but I hope to soon. I'm not above going to tourist places..or anyplace for that matter...there's fun to be had everywhere, right? I like to think about the history of a place like that in its heyday.
Hi Tunky! The history at Tootsies is almost shocking and you can feel it as soon as you walk in. The pictures are sooo awsome to look at. I hope you make it there soon too.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
The ghost of Hank Williams is supposed to live upstairs of Tootsie's. He's probably just still working off his bar tab.
I didn't see old Hank when I was there but I'll look for him next time I go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville