Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:39 AM

303 posts, read 1,562,964 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Lil' Wayne - A Milli [DVD] The Official Video [HQ]

Lil' Wayne: A Milli.

This song played about 6 times during a road trip, and I usually get tired of a song after the third play, but this song is still sounds good to me.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:16 AM

2,781 posts, read 7,224,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takes1 2 Know1 View Post

YouTube - Lil' Wayne - A Milli [DVD] The Official Video [HQ]

Lil' Wayne: A Milli.

This song played about 6 times during a road trip, and I usually get tired of a song after the third play, but this song is still sounds good to me.
...No, that's an example of trashy 'rap'. That's not even rap. It's garbage.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:24 AM

4,082 posts, read 10,422,142 times
Wayne is at his best as a rapper when he raps without a particular topic- I guess that's damn near all the time

Old 12-24-2008, 09:19 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,410,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Wayne is at his best as a rapper when he raps without a particular topic- I guess that's damn near all the time
i used to like lil wayne - youngin blues is one of my fave songs but lately hes starting to be everything i hate he is on too many songs says the same things on all of them and hes just mumbling and making noise i do give him credit for his freestyles every once in awhile he throws out some clever punchline but the carter 3 was overrated

im breaking my own rules but talking about punchlines made me think of field mob i love their style cut loose and my main roni were my jams back in the day

Old 12-28-2008, 12:34 AM
B5H

6 posts, read 13,190 times
i really like lil wayne
misunderstood

Old 12-28-2008, 02:03 AM

2,781 posts, read 7,224,013 times
No.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:31 AM

40 posts, read 74,011 times
Ok, let's start this..

I've only seen 2 posts about rap in here, can't believe it..

YouTube - One Be Lo - What It's All About (remix)

YouTube - mf doom - my favorite ladies

YouTube - Wildchild - Code Red

YouTube - Aesop Rock - Fast Cars

YouTube - Qwel - Qweloquiallisms

Old 12-28-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaThoR View Post
OK let's be clear here - this was not a thread for people to come in and put down others about their choice in music. If someone only listens to mainstream music and happens to love mainstream music then that's fine - there is NO right or wrong answer here. The whole reason I created this thread is so we can talk about rap music - mainstream, underground, good or bad with people who actually like rap music. So if we could just stop commenting on how this or that does not fall under your definition of rap - that'd be great.

That being said I like this song

Old 12-28-2008, 06:01 PM

40 posts, read 74,011 times
That was what i was doing “talking about rap music”. Why is that bad to discuss about the definition of rap between us, to give different points of view?

I understand what u say, i respect u like mainstream, for sure. But if rap means another thing to me, i should be able to say it freely. Actually, i don’t think anyone could be offended about that but taking it as a chance to know something different, that can be even better.

PD: in spanish there’s an expression for what i mean: “pique sano” but i don’t know if there’s a word in english for that, sorry. Maybe it would be something like.. healthy rivalry? If anyone knows it.. thnx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

That being said I like this song

By the way, Doom is the best!!

Try this, i really love it:

YouTube - CYNE -- "Running Water"

(and yeah, this is what i call rap! if it weren't for things like this.. it reminds me of why i love hip hop)

Old 12-28-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaThoR View Post
That was what i was doing “talking about rap music”. Why is that bad to discuss about the definition of rap between us, to give different points of view?
It's not bad to discuss it - I just don't want people saying "that's not rap" because they don't like it. If other posters like lil wayne kudos to them for loving that. I wasn't really talking to you because you actually did list some songs that you like - I just quoted you because you were the last one that posted

Anyway that Cyne song is kinda raw; the beat is tight. I'm getting a little tired of all the new rappers with their ready made microwaved Runners beats - I like the Pennywise line in the song; I love when they throw something out there that I can reference - but did you read the comments below the video LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music