Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 09:04 AM

2,781 posts, read 7,224,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
You sound like a %*&%$- that complains about everything
I complain when a thread called 'The Rap I know & Love' includes nothing but trashy mainstream garbage...

Old 12-19-2008, 12:13 PM

544 posts, read 1,060,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Wow, this is total fail...You talk about people dissing rap, and then you name commercial trash? Kanye? Jeezy? Cool Kids? Absolutely pathetic...
Quote:
Jeez...
No on forced you to come to this thread why don't you go back to the one dissing rap and let us enjoy our conversation

Old 12-19-2008, 12:32 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,410,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceTheo View Post
Fat Joe '300 Brolic'

I like the hook and the overall 'hardcore feel' of the song.

YouTube - Fat Joe's 300 Brolic

Fat Joe w/J. Holiday 'I won't tell'

I thought this was a nice collaboration, and you can just chill to it.

YouTube - Fat Joe - I Won't Tell
I can't stand Fat Joe I don't know why; his music just doesn't do it for me. Has anyone heard the whole Paper Trails cd? I was downloading some of last night and the Luda/TI track on Paper trails is MUCH betta then the one on Theater of the mind.

Wonder how long it'll be before they're beefing again. Will.I.Am has a song circulating on the XM stations - I always catch the end of it so I don't know the name but I LOVE the beat. If I find out I'll post the link

Old 12-19-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
No on forced you to come to this thread why don't you go back to the one dissing rap and let us enjoy our conversation
Um, I love rap, but the stuff posted in here doesn't reflect the title.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,730,584 times
Quote:
You party poopin' beach bum!

Post some of YOUR favorite hip hop!

Old 12-19-2008, 04:02 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,737,591 times
Quote:
How the **** does Helthah Skeltah, and really even Common and Jay-Z not reflect the title "The Rap I know and Love"?

If all you can love is what you know, and all you know is Luda and Kanye...how is that wrong?

I doubt many people on city-data have hours to dig around for music no one has heard of so they can ride on the high horse with you. From all of the posts I've read...you are full of ****. Why do you even come in here? Why don't you post what you like and at least contribute...don't wanna make your "underground" secrets...popular and "mainstream"?

Hip hop culture has changed..this isn't the 80s or 90s. People can't eat sleep and breathe hip hop and expect to survive. We're out here grinding it out at work...college, etc. I personally don't listen to the radio, or get my music from TV. I have to listen to XM-Sirius, and stream yahoo at work. Every month I try to browse amazon.com to check new releases and download as many albums as I can...before I go buy them of course.

Please...tell us your secret almighty rap listener.

Last edited by Hungry For Cheese; 12-19-2008 at 04:44 PM..

Old 12-19-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
How the **** does Helthah Skeltah, and really even Common and Jay-Z not reflect the title "The Rap I know and Love"?
I doubt many people on city-data have hours to dig around for music no one has heard of so they can ride on the high horse with. From all of the posts I've read...you are full of ****. Why do you even come in here? Why don't you post what you like and at least contribute...don't wanna make your "underground" secrets...popular and "mainstream"?
Heltak Skeltah aint bad...D.I.R.T. was pretty good, but Jay Z is a joke, and as much as I love Common, his new CD is trash and he's a sell out.
As far as your second point, don't wanna make my underground secrets popular and mainstream? Um, not quite. I dont have any control over that.

I'll post some stuff though:

YouTube - Cornershop - Candy Man "The Chalk Commercial"

YouTube - Simon Says ( Pharoahe Monch)

YouTube - Evidence - Line Of Scrimmage (ft. Slug)

YouTube - Aesop Rock - Daylight

YouTube - Blu & Exile - Cold Hearted

YouTube - Jedi Mind Tricks- Uncommon Valor (A Vietnam Story)

YouTube - Reef The Lost Cauze "The Sound of Philadelphia"

YouTube - Blu & Exile - "So(ul)Amazing"

YouTube - Murs - L.A.

YouTube - F.A.S.H.A.W.N.

YouTube - Fashawn - Streets Of Fresno

YouTube - Fashawn Ft. Evidence "Our Way"

YouTube - "Children Sing" by Pace Won and Mr. Green

YouTube - Brother Ali - Forest Whitiker

That's a decent variety. I saved the thread, you're welcome.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:53 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,730,584 times
Quote:
Heltak Skeltah aint bad...D.I.R.T. was pretty good, but Jay Z is a joke, and as much as I love Common, his new CD is trash and he's a sell out.
As far as your second point, don't wanna make my underground secrets popular and mainstream? Um, not quite. I dont have any control over that.

I'll post some stuff though:

YouTube - Cornershop - Candy Man "The Chalk Commercial"

YouTube - Simon Says ( Pharoahe Monch)

YouTube - Evidence - Line Of Scrimmage (ft. Slug)

YouTube - Aesop Rock - Daylight

YouTube - Blu & Exile - Cold Hearted

YouTube - Jedi Mind Tricks- Uncommon Valor (A Vietnam Story)

YouTube - Reef The Lost Cauze "The Sound of Philadelphia"

YouTube - Blu & Exile - "So(ul)Amazing"

YouTube - Murs - L.A.

YouTube - F.A.S.H.A.W.N.

YouTube - Fashawn - Streets Of Fresno

YouTube - Fashawn Ft. Evidence "Our Way"

YouTube - "Children Sing" by Pace Won and Mr. Green

YouTube - Brother Ali - Forest Whitiker

That's a decent variety. I saved the thread, you're welcome.
You're getting emotional man!

I have heard some of the stuff you posted and love it. Underground hip hop is tight as hell!

But I think the point of this thread was to post some of the mainstream stuff that we do like or underground stuff. I personally cannot really stand mainstream hip hop but some of it I do like but I just like underground hip hop better.

You should listen to some more Q-Tip, that's why I posted him. His lyrics are still full of depth. He is one of the greatest abstract rappers there ever was.

Good stuff.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:08 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,737,591 times
^^^ You didn't save it.

From the several I recognize...OLDER than 2008.

Pharoahe...how about Agent Orange from the new album...even though the actual song I've had since early 2000s.

YouTube - Pharoahe Monch "Agent Orange" @ Amsterdam

Murs...how about "The Science" from M4P, and not the previous album?

YouTube - MURS - The Science

Brother Ali is nice....I like the track with Freeway off the Jake One album. "The truth"

YouTube - Jake One feat. Freeway & Brother Ali - "The Truth"

Evidence is nice..I like "Born in LA" off Weatherman.

YouTube - Evidence - Born in LA

I remember Jedi Mind from way back.
"Heavenly Divine"
YouTube - Jedi Mind Tricks - Heavenly Divine
Just way too involved in west coast rap from L.A.

"Blood Runs Cold" ft/ Sean Price

YouTube - Jedi Mind Tricks Ft. Sean Price - Blood Runs Cold

I always like The Outsidaz....but after their album "NIght LIfe", which I bought...I never kept up.

YouTube - Outsidaz- "F**k Y'all Ni**az (feat. Rah Digga)" "The Rah Rah"

Some older stuff too.......but seriously...it is okay to like a few radio songs. Life is too short. Myself, I like production...so beats is what gets me.
I played the HELL out of Rah Diggas "Dirty Harriet" album back in the day. Was one of my favorite CDs.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:13 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,410,510 times
Quote:
Soo instead of being negative why don't you post a link to a song you like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music