Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 06:28 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,711,135 times

Advertisements

In my day, it was RUN DMC and a few years later The Beastie Boys-oh, maybe that wasn't rap. I'll have to think about that one, as it has been too long.

Any old timers remember the catchy, "Rapper's Delight?"

Old 06-01-2008, 02:00 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,093,877 times
I dont listen to rap all that much anymore but I will still bump-

Too Short
2Pac
Biggie
Warren G
Dr.Dre
DJ Quik
Lil Rob
SPM
Baby Bash
Bone Thugs

Old 06-01-2008, 07:22 PM

762 posts, read 1,601,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I dont listen to rap all that much anymore but I will still bump-

Too Short
2Pac
Biggie
Warren G
Dr.Dre
DJ Quik
Lil Rob
SPM
Baby Bash
Bone Thugs
I swear DJ Quik is on the down low

Old 06-04-2008, 02:39 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,693,068 times
I forgot these two in my original list.
The Game
Ice Cube
I can't believe I forgot to put Cube in my list.He's one of the best rappers.Then theres The Game.I think hes one of the best rappers lyrically right now.I like his new song,can't remember what its called though.Chamillionaire is another one of my favorite rappers who I forgot in my first list.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:47 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,464,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I forgot these two in my original list.
The Game
Ice Cube
I can't believe I forgot to put Cube in my list.He's one of the best rappers.Then theres The Game.I think hes one of the best rappers lyrically right now.I like his new song,can't remember what its called though.Chamillionaire is another one of my favorite rappers who I forgot in my first list.
I've never really liked Ice Cube - I don't really relate to his songs and you can't dance to the beats The last song I can remember liking is "good day" I knew every word of that song.

I've never heard anything from The Game on Chamillionaire that wasn't on the radio.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I've never really liked Ice Cube - I don't really relate to his songs and you can't dance to the beats The last song I can remember liking is "good day" I knew every word of that song.

I've never heard anything from The Game on Chamillionaire that wasn't on the radio.
Ice Cube raps alot about political topics and things like that.Theres not that many rappers like that anymore.The Game puts out good mainstream songs,I didn't really like Chamillionaire's radio songs that much.I like songs on his first non-mixtape CD that weren't mainstream songs.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Ice Cube raps alot about political topics and things like that.Theres not that many rappers like that anymore.The Game puts out good mainstream songs,I didn't really like Chamillionaire's radio songs that much.I like songs on his first non-mixtape CD that weren't mainstream songs.
That why I don't like Nas- he raps about politics a lot too. I usually listen to music while I'm in the car or cleaning up - so I'm definitely a beat and catchy chorus person. I don't really have much interest in songs that produce deep introspective thoughts about my place in the world.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
That why I don't like Nas- he raps about politics a lot too. I usually listen to music while I'm in the car or cleaning up - so I'm definitely a beat and catchy chorus person. I don't really have much interest in songs that produce deep introspective thoughts about my place in the world.
I have alot of time on my hands so I have alot of time to sit down for hours and listen to CDs and think about what a song actually means.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:16 PM

58 posts, read 227,068 times
Also Tupac, Snoop
Nate Dogg
Nelly
Bones, Thugs n Harmony
Currupt- the OZ cd (might've spelled that wrong)
and a lot of others who's names I just don't know but like their music

Old 06-04-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I have alot of time on my hands so I have alot of time to sit down for hours and listen to CDs and think about what a song actually means.
Wow I don't think I've listened to a whole CD since I was in high school and we used to go to away games I don't even the attention span to listen to whole songs now. I'm constantly flipping to the next one so I can hear "my part"

When I went to the club and they played "Shake That Monkey" halfway through the song I was just leaning against the guy I was dancing with cause I was tired I'm like "why are they playing the whole song? They should have switched it to Trick Daddy J.O.D.D by now? Don't they know how to mix?"

lol hell I'm from the South, we don't ever play the whole song.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music