Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2008, 08:14 AM

146 posts, read 224,322 times

Advertisements

oh i listen to that too...thats just screwed and yeah it varies (depends on what the dj likes)

Old 07-11-2008, 07:58 PM

762 posts, read 1,596,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Disciple View Post
You cant blame Lil Wayne for the carter 3, it was the first album he made actually writeing all his rhymes....yup i said it! lil wayne admitted to having ghost writers for the carter 1 and 2...with that being said I like, Kanye, The Ghetto Boys, Jeezy, Common, almost anything that is chopped and screwed, Outkast, Three 6 Mafia. Dr. Doom, Bone, Gucci Mane is alright, Busta Rhymes, Pappose, Cassidy, and all of D-BLOCK.

and lil wayne is full of **** with his "freestyles" he writes his "freestyles"
nobodys that good except maybe luda

Old 07-13-2008, 05:53 PM

145 posts, read 435,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
and lil wayne is full of **** with his "freestyles" he writes his "freestyles"
nobodys that good except maybe luda
Lil wayne's freestyles ain't that good he uses the same words a lot and it's not like he says anything really profound - he's just got a lot of good one-liners - i agree though he's nowhere Luda when it comes to talent

you guys really don't like Plies? i heard he was going to do a reality show

Old 07-13-2008, 07:30 PM

18,039 posts, read 27,494,229 times
In my year-and-a-half plus here on City-Data I've noticed that about once every 2 months, somebody starts a new thread on rap. And about once every two months, I gotta come in here and lay down the news.

TechN9ne.

Einstein

That Box

Sinister Tech

It's Alive

Get Blowed

Mark me down for that Underground stuff.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:17 PM

762 posts, read 1,596,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
In my year-and-a-half plus here on City-Data I've noticed that about once every 2 months, somebody starts a new thread on rap. And about once every two months, I gotta come in here and lay down the news.

TechN9ne.

Einstein

That Box

Sinister Tech

It's Alive

Get Blowed

Mark me down for that Underground stuff.
Tech N9ne murdered Now its On
and My World

Old 07-17-2008, 08:18 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,660,779 times
I listen to alot of mainstream rappers,but I try not to listen to thier more popular songs.The reason I do that is because the most popular songs start getting tons of airplay,and then everyone is singing them so it gets annoying.I listened to Ridin Dirty by Chamillionaire before it was even popular.Only reason I really Liked that song was because Krayzie Bone was on there.Speaking of which I forgot to put Bone Thugs N Harmony in my first list.Thier the best rap group of all time in my opinion.Flesh N Bone,Bizzy Bone,and Krayzie Bone are my favorites in the group.I also forgot to list some other rappers that I like.These guys are all from Cleveland.
Ray Cash
Corey Bapes(underground)
Al Fatz
Pooh Gutta(undeground)
Royalty Camp(Al Fatz and Pooh Gutta are in that group)
Thats just a couple rappers from Cleveland that I listen too.Those are probably the main rappers from Cleveland.I listen to a bunch of underground rap.I think Corey Bapes and Royalty Camp have the talent to be mainstream.Ray Cash already did release a mainstream album.I thought It was a really good CD.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:28 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,387,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I listen to alot of mainstream rappers,but I try not to listen to thier more popular songs.The reason I do that is because the most popular songs start getting tons of airplay,and then everyone is singing them so it gets annoying.I listened to Ridin Dirty by Chamillionaire before it was even popular.Only reason I really Liked that song was because Krayzie Bone was on there.Speaking of which I forgot to put Bone Thugs N Harmony in my first list.Thier the best rap group of all time in my opinion.Flesh N Bone,Bizzy Bone,and Krayzie Bone are my favorites in the group.I also forgot to list some other rappers that I like.These guys are all from Cleveland.
Ray Cash
Corey Bapes(underground)
Al Fatz
Pooh Gutta(undeground)
Royalty Camp(Al Fatz and Pooh Gutta are in that group)
Thats just a couple rappers from Cleveland that I listen too.Those are probably the main rappers from Cleveland.I listen to a bunch of underground rap.I think Corey Bapes and Royalty Camp have the talent to be mainstream.Ray Cash already did release a mainstream album.I thought It was a really good CD.
I agree with the mainstream part - I love T.I but I hate most of the songs that get played on the radio - mostly because they get overplayed. I think my faves were Chilling with My ***** and Freak Tho. I like the mellow TI songs more than those in your face "i'm knock you out homeboi" stuff.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:01 AM

20,523 posts, read 33,579,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I loved chopped and screwed music - well not really. They call it chopped and screwed here but I've heard some of Lil Flip's chopped and screwed and it's different. In Florida, it's just really slow so it sounds like it's dragging but they don't do that thing where it sounds like it's skipping. Maybe it varies by location
That's straight Texas thing there.

I listen to the lyrical people. The people that's talking about something. The people that has a diverse subject matter with a good flow. So basically:
Little Brother
K-Rino
Lupe Fiasco
MURS
Rhymefest
PPT
SFP
Kay
Synatto Watts
Chaundon
Supastition
Jay Electronica

and more. I don't listen to the lil wayne's, the gucci mane's, the young jeezy( yeah he's garbage), and the plies. All wack to me.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:50 AM

782 posts, read 3,790,777 times
Default The best rapper today

No it's not kanye,he is wack.The best rapper out here now is scarface.He doesn't get the rep he deserves.The game has change.I like the Lil wayne carter 3,but carter 2 and Like father Like son was his best music ever.Jay z is ok,but he needs to get back on his game.Blueprint and the Black album was his best.Young jeezy is nice.I guess it all depends on your environment or how you grew up to feel some of these rappers.I like gansta rap.I can't imagine some rich kid liking or understanding scarface lyrics.I don't really see how soldier
boy can sell more records than scarface.I guess face want make gimmick music to sell records.Luda is another lyricist i like.He got talent,but he gimmicky at times.Ja rule,T.I ,50 cent,The Game first mainstream albums was off the chain.It seems rapper first couple of albums be good than once they make money their style and flow changes.You can't rap about the hood anymore when your not living in it.They have to grow up and change their flow.Another mainstream rapper who doesn't get credit is Jada kiss.He got one the best flow out there.Bun B is ok,pimp was lacking a little.There is only a few rapper out here now I will not hesitate to download are scarface,lil weezy,jay z,lil jeezy,jada kiss.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:13 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,241,569 times
The only rapper I listened to is the heavy metal group Body Count.
Maybe 1 day I'll check out Ice-T as a rapper but I never was truly interested in rap or hip-hop.
The reason I listen to Body Count are the lyrics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music