Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 09:24 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,053,483 times

Advertisements

The second installment in the proposed trilogy is coming out in a matter of exactly ONE WEEK!

What do you guys think the movie will be like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 08:56 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
The second installment in the proposed trilogy is coming out in a matter of exactly ONE WEEK!

I think it'll be great, but it has a lot of hype to overcome. The first IRON MAN was such a huge hit because before it came out, no one was sure it would be any good. Favreau had never done science-fiction, had never done an action flick. Everyone knew Downey was a great actor, but no one was sure he would fit this kind of movie. A lot of uncertainty with the first one.

Then it came out, and it was a great movie. Audiences loved it. And it did something that most of the comic-book movies failed to do: Demographically, it had a HUGE female audience. Audiences loved it. Critics loved it.

But now people are expecting that. So IRON MAN 2 has a lot to prove. And there's a lot riding on it. If it isn't very good, then that is really going to hurt the upcoiming Captain America, Thor, and Avengers films.

But I don't see much danger in that. I think it's going to be a great movie. I'm betting it'll be the biggest movie of the summer. Maybe even the biggest movie of the year. In fact, Ridley Scott's Robin Hood opens the following week. I'd go so far as to bet that it will not knock IRON MAN 2 out of the #1 spot.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:13 AM

750 posts, read 2,276,865 times
Probably be good I just wish they came up with a better "villain" than Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke). I haven't followed the comics so I don't know how he fits into the whole Iron Man universe but he just looks silly on the previews. Also it must be real easy to make that Arc Reactor that keeps Stark alive, Ivan has one now powering his suit and in the last movie the "villain" had made one also. Is everything ran off an arc reactor nowadays? I like Cheadle but wish they didn't replace Howard and I hope Samuel L. Jackson only makes a 10 second appearance, he can ruin a movie with his same tiresome act.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:30 AM

3,378 posts, read 5,010,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPaul View Post
Probably be good I just wish they came up with a better "villain" than Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke). I haven't followed the comics so I don't know how he fits into the whole Iron Man universe but he just looks silly on the previews. Also it must be real easy to make that Arc Reactor that keeps Stark alive, Ivan has one now powering his suit and in the last movie the "villain" had made one also. Is everything ran off an arc reactor nowadays? I like Cheadle but wish they didn't replace Howard and I hope Samuel L. Jackson only makes a 10 second appearance, he can ruin a movie with his same tiresome act.
I've spent much of my life following the comics, the Marvel Universe (which means that all Marvel heroes, villans, aliens, demons, mutants, inhumans, etc) share the same Earth and interact frequently.

I hoped that they would have covered the "Armor Wars" story arc from the comics or the story arc where his 2020 son with rigged armor comes to kill him, though it seems this movie covers some aspects of Armor Wars, but the villan seems more like the "Crimson Dynamo". Either way I think it will be great.

This is all leading to a S.H.E.I.L.D/Avengers movie, I just know it.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:03 PM

380 posts, read 1,230,038 times
I dont like Iron Man, BUT when I found out Mickey Rourke was playing the villan.... Im going to go see it now. Rourke is a very good actor, and from the preview clips he looks like he will make that film great.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:45 PM

683 posts, read 1,469,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post

I already saw the movie 2 days ago!!!! It is awesome.

Whiplash(rourke) is a russian scientist whose father was the co-inventor of the "arch-reactor" His father (anton) immigrated to the U.S. with the blue prints of the arch reactor and worked with tony stark's father and both finished the technology. Well, he was deported back to russia because tony's father wanted it that way. In the movie, this old russian scientist died and told his son (mickey rourke>whiplash) to destroy tony stark "aka" iron man. Whiplash already had the arch technology and created those whips OMG so cool. He attacked tony stark in a F1 race event in europe. He cut the car in pieces, then gwyneth paltrow rushes to the scene in a bentley, while tony's bodyguard drive, she tries to deliver the iron man portable suit to tony. A few seconds before tony gets sliced by whiplash, tony's bodyguard crashed the bentley against whiplash and he ends up trapped between the wall of the race track and the bentley. Then, gwyneth delivered the portable suit to tony and whiplash sliced the bentley like butter. That part is soo cool, because tony wears the portable iron man suit. He fights whiplash and whiplash lets him win. (whiplash wanted to go to prison to have a little chat with tony).
Well, he is sent to a prison in europe and the same day he escaped thanks to the ceo of the weapons manufacturer (Hammer tech) that rivals tony's company. They wanted to know how to create an iron man as well and this russian whiplash was a súper intelligent dude who had already created an arch reactor as small and efective as tony's arch reactor (that little thingy he puts inside his chest... Source of energy). Whiplash was such a bad ass... Omg mickey rourke is the best archi bad ass mother F. haha... You people must see this movie. Well, he was as intelligent or more intelligent than tony. He hacked the Hammer technologies FireWirewall in like 2 seconds and also hacked the war machine suit and made him fight iron man.

Well, the final battle is amazing.... Omg. War machine... And ironman against 40 androids and whiplash. Whiplash at the end wears an iron man suit, and he could easily have killed both war machine and iron man.

At one time in the movie, tony had a party in his mansion (he was dying of an infection from his arch chest reactor) he goes into dumping mode wearing the suit, and a few seconds later war machine shows up and both have a fight, (tony was drunk wearing the suit and don cheadle had to stop him) noone wins. War machine flies away and steals the suit and takes it to the air force because the U.S. Government wanted the iron man technology. Etc etc. The movie is amazing.....

The producers made a mistake employing don cheadle. Terrence howard was a good part of the iron man's success that was missing in this sequel. Don cheadle was too short and weak. He just doesnt look good as war machine. Terrence howard should have been war machine.

Black widow is a beauty... And gwyneth paltrow wow she was so atractive. you must see this movie.

Last edited by Edu983; 05-02-2010 at 11:24 PM..

Old 05-02-2010, 11:01 PM

580 posts, read 1,081,870 times
Oh it's gonna rock my socks, no question. Not only does it have Robert Downey, Jr. who's one of my favorite actors, it's got Don Cheadle and Mickey Rourke and mothaf***in' Samuel L. Jackson! And of course Gwyneth Paltrow and Scarlet Johanson to boot. It'll be a really fun sci-fi action movie, and maybe even a good movie in general. But definitely a great action flick.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:45 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
I dont like Iron Man, BUT when I found out Mickey Rourke was playing the villan.... Im going to go see it now. Rourke is a very good actor, and from the preview clips he looks like he will make that film great.
yeah after his huge come back he made with in 2008 with The wrestler rourke deseves an oscar for that performance so he should be awsome in iron man 2

Old 05-03-2010, 08:25 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,745 times
can't wait to see the second Iron Man

Old 05-07-2010, 11:53 AM

3 posts, read 4,703 times
Such a pitiful movie. To my mind, this movie is for children or infantile people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies