Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:29 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,018,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
I concur. It was nothing more than a platform for adjunct franchises. Terrible letdown. The final fight barely existed. Sam Rockwell was given too much leash. And why is Iron Man suddenly always fighting other prototype "Iron men?" I never saw that as a kid reading the comics.

There were massive plot holes, as when the CIA guy was monitoring him at his house, and later just said he "had to go do some stuff." That's a direct insult to the audience.

Just a huge disappointment overall. Looking forward to seeing Harry Brown tomorrow.
I guess you didn't read the comics well, there was a particular story arc called "Armor Wars" in the late 1980s where Stark's designs are stolen and given to criminals, and thusly had Iron men running around trying to kill him.

And the CIA agent, try S.H.E.I.L.D, he was assigned to recovering Thor's hammer in New Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 12:15 AM

43 posts, read 61,955 times
Such a loving movie.... I really enjoying watching it..

Old 05-31-2010, 11:45 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,386,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I guess you didn't read the comics well, there was a particular story arc called "Armor Wars" in the late 1980s where Stark's designs are stolen and given to criminals, and thusly had Iron men running around trying to kill him.

And the CIA agent, try S.H.E.I.L.D, he was assigned to recovering Thor's hammer in New Mexico.
Saw it and really enjoyed it. While I can see how some people were disappointed by perceived plot holes, I thought the twist with wrapping in the agents next mission (and tying it to another film) was pretty great. We wondered when the credits were rolling why lots of folks, including us, were not moving and then there it was.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:33 PM

10 posts, read 21,117 times
The film very much was pleasant... Has looked one week ago.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:43 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,740,803 times
*Note* MArvel always has a mini scene in their movies after the credits. I for one Love it!!!!

Old 06-02-2010, 05:42 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,095,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
*Note* MArvel always has a mini scene in their movies after the credits. I for one Love it!!!!
Nah, I just loved the movie because it's Iron Man and I loved the comic books and the first movie was awesome.

And this also helped:

^^ Now, I for one LOVED that (Scarlett Johanson). Yes that definitely helped convincing me to go to the midnight show the day it came out (my birthday!).

Last edited by DANNYY; 06-02-2010 at 06:14 AM..

Old 06-07-2010, 08:07 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,658,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
I concur. It was nothing more than a platform for adjunct franchises. Terrible letdown. The final fight barely existed. Sam Rockwell was given too much leash. And why is Iron Man suddenly always fighting other prototype "Iron men?" I never saw that as a kid reading the comics.

There were massive plot holes, as when the CIA guy was monitoring him at his house, and later just said he "had to go do some stuff." That's a direct insult to the audience.

Just a huge disappointment overall. Looking forward to seeing Harry Brown tomorrow.
If you waited until the very end of the credits, you found out what exactly the agent had to go do. It was much more important than watching Tony. I thought it was weird at first as well but the Easter Egg at the end explained it so this is not a valid complaint. Everyone should have known to wait til the end for a surprise.

For those who can't wait until the DVD comes out, below is the surprise.

Spoiler
The agent had to go out to a crater in the desert. In the crater was Thor's hammer, Mjolnir. He called someone (presumably Fury) and said "We found it."

Old 06-07-2010, 08:21 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,116,133 times
I saw it the other day because a couple of guys at work kept carrying on about how great it was. I didn't think it was anything special. My biggest problem with it was I thought that the lead character was a a-hole

Old 06-07-2010, 08:37 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,658,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
I saw it the other day because a couple of guys at work kept carrying on about how great it was. I didn't think it was anything special. My biggest problem with it was I thought that the lead character was a a-hole
Yeah, you got the right impression. He was written that way though.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:54 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,305,673 times
Tony's definitely a jerk, but a lovable one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
eh i guess your right guess i just wished for a bit of a harder fight....seemed like a push over....and if they didnt want a harder fight dont play it up as if was going to be something big xD
I was suprised also. Especially how he got whopped on the racetrack in the beginning, only to meet up far and square at the end then the fight is over in a few minutes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies