Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 06:05 AM

22,953 posts, read 28,365,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I agree, even though I got into comics over 10 years ago I understood the importance of Thor and Asgard to the Marvel cosmology. Then again it is becoming quite obvious this is going to end with an Avengers movie, but what will they fight? Aliens? Demons? a mish-mash of all the previous villans, or better yet, the Hulk from the 2008 movie!
I really, really, REALLY hope it isn't aliens. That's just been done to death.

I hope its either Hulk or de-goofified H.Y.D.R.A.

I actually really liked both recent Hulk films and would love to follow-up on the last scene of the last movie. And I'm a big Ed Norton fan.

If they play H.Y.D.R.A. as a powerful, high-tech terrorist organization (sort of like SD-6 from TV's ALIAS), it would be very cool. If they go with guys in green ski masks yelling, "Hail, Hydra!" I'm afraid it's going to be ten kinds of goofy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 10:49 AM

3,378 posts, read 5,018,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I really, really, REALLY hope it isn't aliens. That's just been done to death.

I hope its either Hulk or de-goofified H.Y.D.R.A.

I actually really liked both recent Hulk films and would love to follow-up on the last scene of the last movie. And I'm a big Ed Norton fan.

If they play H.Y.D.R.A. as a powerful, high-tech terrorist organization (sort of like SD-6 from TV's ALIAS), it would be very cool. If they go with guys in green ski masks yelling, "Hail, Hydra!" I'm afraid it's going to be ten kinds of goofy.
I'd like to see Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man go toe-to-toe with Edward Norton's Hulk. And if I read the comics recently, especially with this whole Dark Reign, Seige, Doomwar going on it would mean that elements of HYDRA are indeed controlling the U.S. power structure behind closed doors.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:39 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,305,201 times
I saw it at a midnight showing, the theater was very empty, and I was pleased. I guess many people don't bother to check if their local movie house has midnight debuts or maybe they are asleep by then.

I enjoyed the movie immensely. Mickey Rourke was very cool in his role (not as cool as Marv in Sin City, but I digress). I was surprised the showdown between Whiplash and Iron Man didn't last longer, but it was a job well done.

The racetrack/Bentley scene was my favorite, along with Tony's 'revelation' from his dad.

I'm pissed I missed the Avatar trailer on the big screen- as I walked in, I caught the ending! Damn you Nathan's hot dogs I had to wait in line for! *shakes fists*

Old 05-09-2010, 06:09 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,567,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I saw it at a midnight showing, the theater was very empty, and I was pleased. I guess many people don't bother to check if their local movie house has midnight debuts or maybe they are asleep by then.

I enjoyed the movie immensely. Mickey Rourke was very cool in his role (not as cool as Marv in Sin City, but I digress). I was surprised the showdown between Whiplash and Iron Man didn't last longer, but it was a job well done.

The racetrack/Bentley scene was my favorite, along with Tony's 'revelation' from his dad.

I'm pissed I missed the Avatar trailer on the big screen- as I walked in, I caught the ending! Damn you Nathan's hot dogs I had to wait in line for! *shakes fists*

hOW DID YOU LIKE JUSTIN HAMMER??

Old 05-09-2010, 06:10 PM

Some where, Terence Howard is having to talked off of a roof's ledge.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:16 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,701,145 times
I saw it. It was good but not great. To me it was about as good as the first one. It has a lot of buildup in between fights so its kind of slow.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:54 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,721,784 times
I saw it yesterday. It was pretty good....liked it better then the first one.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:54 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,740,342 times
I loved it!!! many critics said it sucked.... YEah thats cuz the critics love hannah montanna *gag* Anyways Iron Man 2 was awesome and funny. Loved it. loved the part with Captain America's shield lmao

Old 05-11-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
I loved it!!! many critics said it sucked.... YEah thats cuz the critics love hannah montanna *gag* Anyways Iron Man 2 was awesome and funny. Loved it. loved the part with Captain America's shield lmao

I'm with you on that!! This movie had everything in just the right doses.

Did you stay after the credits rolled for the shocker????

Old 05-11-2010, 03:27 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,655,411 times
Which is the better comic book movie: Iron Man II or Kick A**? By better, I mean which one holds more to the story and tone of the book. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies