Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:07 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,019,176 times

Advertisements

Mine would be, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". It's been over 20 years and he is now in the corporate world and he needs a day off in the worst way. He has to run into Abe Froman somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 07:42 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,227,117 times
Serenity

Old 02-08-2009, 09:45 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,194,094 times
Definitely Army of Darkness.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:47 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,628,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Definitely Army of Darkness.
If it makes you feel any better a remake of the first of the series is in the works. The Evil Dead (2009) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434020/ - broken link)

My choice for a sequel would be to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093876/ Rolling Vengeance.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:12 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,194,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
If it makes you feel any better a remake of the first of the series is in the works. The Evil Dead (2009) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434020/ - broken link) ...
Wow I see from your IMDB link that the working title of the film is "Additional Details: Also Known As: Army of Darkness II (USA) (working title)" so I wonder if it is a remake of the first Evil Dead or a sequel to AOD. I can imagine that it could be a comprehensive remake of the whole series in one new film.

You know the first two Evil Dead films, well number II is really a remake of number I. The first Evil Dead has that special, cheap, "B" grade charm of a drive-in movie and appears to have been made for a budget of about $17.36. Couldn't be more perfect. And it attracted the attention of producer Dino De Laurentis to the then unknown Raimi brothers. He gave them some serious money to remake #1 as number 2, and then $350,000 to make AOD with great results. By then the Raimi's were big time and went on to make many top Hollywood films like the Spiderman franchise.

So I wonder what the new film will be... Stay tuned

Old 02-08-2009, 06:40 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,628,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Wow I see from your IMDB link that the working title of the film is "Additional Details: Also Known As: Army of Darkness II (USA) (working title)" so I wonder if it is a remake of the first Evil Dead or a sequel to AOD. I can imagine that it could be a comprehensive remake of the whole series in one new film.

You know the first two Evil Dead films, well number II is really a remake of number I. The first Evil Dead has that special, cheap, "B" grade charm of a drive-in movie and appears to have been made for a budget of about $17.36. Couldn't be more perfect. And it attracted the attention of producer Dino De Laurentis to the then unknown Raimi brothers. He gave them some serious money to remake #1 as number 2, and then $350,000 to make AOD with great results. By then the Raimi's were big time and went on to make many top Hollywood films like the Spiderman franchise.

So I wonder what the new film will be... Stay tuned
I am interested in seeing how it shakes out. Yeah, I knew about Part II really being a remake of Part I. The only thing I didn't like about AOD is how they changed the beginning.

In the end of EDII they were worshipping him as soon as he fell from the sky and he immediately killed a Deadite.

Getting back on topic of the OP, how about a sequel to Outland (1981)

Old 02-08-2009, 07:00 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,107,134 times
I wonder how The Breakfast Club sequel would work out? It might be interesting, anyone else think so too?

Old 02-08-2009, 11:06 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,353,501 times
Titanic: Rise From the Depths

no seriously hear me out on this!:

The sequel takes place shortly after Rose told her story to salvage crew. Anyways, they decide to bring the wrecked ship to the surface, upon which they discovered 2 things: the whole story about the iceberg was WRONG and someone sabotaged the ship; and the passengers aren't entirely dead!

Meanwhile Jack (played by Andy Serkis (Gollum, Lord of the Rings) in a suit of decaying flesh), bitter at Rose for letting him go, goes off in search of all her descendants, including her dear granddaughter (chick that went w/ her to the salvage crew in the original story), in order to exact bloody revenge. His MO: he creeps in leave intricately drawn portraits of his sleeping victims, then drowns them while they bath. Soundtrack to feature "My Heart Will Go On (remix)" performed by Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, and Ghostface Killah

come on, wouldn't you love to go see that!?

okay, on a far more serious note, I'd like to see a sequel to Cloverfield.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:43 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,638,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Titanic: Rise From the Depths

no seriously hear me out on this!:

The sequel takes place shortly after Rose told her story to salvage crew. Anyways, they decide to bring the wrecked ship to the surface, upon which they discovered 2 things: the whole story about the iceberg was WRONG and someone sabotaged the ship; and the passengers aren't entirely dead!

Meanwhile Jack (played by Andy Serkis (Gollum, Lord of the Rings) in a suit of decaying flesh), bitter at Rose for letting him go, goes off in search of all her descendants, including her dear granddaughter (chick that went w/ her to the salvage crew in the original story), in order to exact bloody revenge. His MO: he creeps in leave intricately drawn portraits of his sleeping victims, then drowns them while they bath. Soundtrack to feature "My Heart Will Go On (remix)" performed by Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, and Ghostface Killah

come on, wouldn't you love to go see that!?

okay, on a far more serious note, I'd like to see a sequel to Cloverfield.
I like it ! Excellent idea... I always thought Rose wasn't exactly trying hard enough to hold on to Jack and her heart may have gone on and on and on and on but didn't she also marry a few times afterwards ?!??! So much for eternal love.

Fickle woman. She must pay !
Maybe you should try to sell the idea to Hollywood , let's face it it wouldn't be worse than most movies they produce.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:34 AM

41,984 posts, read 75,252,667 times
Has there been a sequel to Master and Commander? Because the end of that movie just screams for one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies