Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 06:23 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,126,799 times

Advertisements

Maybe you don't understand the sociological significance of "entertainment."

I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 06:28 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,559,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Maybe you don't understand the sociological significance of "entertainment."

I do.
So elaborate.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I think your secretly and repressively fascinated by this movie and seriously want to check it out. Why don't you just go ahead and watch it already.

You know you wanna!

I have no business watching a movie like that. If it were just a matter of morbid curiosity, I would have watched it already. But my objection to it goes deeper than you may realize.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:37 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,394,156 times
Quote:
I have no business watching a movie like that. If it were just a matter of morbid curiosity, I would have watched it already. But my objection to it goes deeper than you may realize.
I don't understand your objection to a silly movie that is not being forced upon you or anyone else.

But then again, I don't care.

*shrugs*

Old 11-28-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
So elaborate.
If you think prayer in schools is the ultimate nightmare, I don't think I can communicate anything to you about how I feel about The Human Centipede. We are on very different wavelengths. Opposite ends of the spectrum, maybe.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I don't understand your objection to a silly movie that is not being forced upon you or anyone else.

But then again, I don't care.

*shrugs*
My objection is that such movies exist, and excite the perversity of moviegoers. It's not so much THC itself, or any other gruesome horror movie in particular, but what they reveal about our culture. About human beings.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:59 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,394,156 times
Quote:
My objection is that such movies exist, and excite the perversity of moviegoers. It's not so much THC itself, or any other gruesome horror movie in particular, but what they reveal about our culture. About human beings.
Oh. Well, I hate to break it to you but human perversity exists regardless of movies like this.

Also, out of the few people here that actually saw it, I don't think a single person was excited by it, including me.

Not only that but if you're concerned about human perversities, what about all the number of people out there in the world that are sexually attracted to things that have no normal sexual connotation, such as children? Or animals? What I'm saying is that truly perverse people already have that mental defect and can find excitement and arousal in all sorts of things normal people cannot understand and in lieu of there being a movie produced about it or not. Movies cannot take sole blame for a person's mental defects.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:03 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,559,637 times
Quote:
If you think prayer in schools is the ultimate nightmare, I don't think I can communicate anything to you about how I feel about The Human Centipede. We are on very different wavelengths. Opposite ends of the spectrum, maybe.

Have I ever mentioned anything regarding prayer in schools? I can't recall my ever saying anything about that but, in any case, this is not the topic at hand.

No matter what our respective wavelengths, there's always room for discussion. I've studied some sociology and a lot of critical theory, so worry not: I realise there are multiple layers and levels of analysis.

But, of course, if you'd rather not elaborate for your own reasons, that's okay. It's not like this movie deserves so much attention, IMO

Old 11-28-2011, 09:30 AM

19,764 posts, read 20,334,973 times
Quote:
If you think prayer in schools is the ultimate nightmare, I don't think I can communicate anything to you about how I feel about The Human Centipede...

I think you should probably just watch the movie. lol

Old 11-28-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I think you should probably just watch the movie. lol

I don't think I'd enjoy it very much. I don't want to fill my head with that kind of junk if I can avoid it. It gives me nightmares.

I am done talking about The Human Centipede!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies