Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 05:50 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I personally didn't find this movie disgusting or scary at any point. There was no suspense, characters sucked, and the story didn't really draw me in.
I think most people here who haven't seen it would be surprised by how tame it actually is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 07:17 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,681 times
South Park actually made a episode about this movie...(with a spin of course.)

Here is a clip.

South Park - The Human Centipede - YouTube

Old 11-22-2011, 07:57 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
South Park actually made a episode about this movie...(with a spin of course.)

Here is a clip.

South Park - The Human Centipede - YouTube
Yeah I saw this. It's probably better than the actual movie. lol

Old 11-24-2011, 08:14 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
Default I skipped this...

I read the plot description and some of it's gruesome scenes. I don't mind violence/gore but is waaay over the top. I saw a film called "Inside" (French horror film) That had a scene a bit less gruesome toward the end, And I could not watch it all, I felt dirty afterward.

Sounds real gruesome!

Old 11-24-2011, 08:22 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,796,509 times
I have no plans of seeing this movie, but when someone told me the idea I lol'd steady for three or four minutes. Recycling can only go so far!

After reading this thread I really don't feel like eating crabcakes for some reason. Wonder why?

Old 11-24-2011, 08:37 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I personally didn't find this movie disgusting or scary at any point. There was no suspense, characters sucked, and the story didn't really draw me in.
There is a sequel coming, Human Centipede: Full Sequence. Seems like it's going to be a less family-friendly version of the original. Might be unrated. If you are still unmoved after watching the sequel ...

Old 11-24-2011, 08:40 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I think most people here who haven't seen it would be surprised by how tame it actually is.
What does it say about you as a person when nothing you see could ever cause psychological damage?

Old 11-24-2011, 11:39 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,224,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I read the plot description and some of it's gruesome scenes. I don't mind violence/gore but is waaay over the top. I saw a film called "Inside" (French horror film) That had a scene a bit less gruesome toward the end, And I could not watch it all, I felt dirty afterward.

Sounds real gruesome!
The infamous cesarean scene huh?? lol

Very suspenseful film, but also pretty gruesome and disturbing. The ending left a knot in the pit of my stomach.

As far as Human Centipede; horrible and dumb as hell. However, I guess I have no one to blame due to my own interest in checking out a film about people's mouths being surgically connected to eachother's ass. Not sure why I was expecting something amazing or good to come out of that.

For those who are worried about disturbance; the movie is actually pretty tame.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:33 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,682,794 times
Even if the movie is tame as you say, I still dont understand the interest in watching this film based on the plot

Old 11-25-2011, 11:59 AM

207 posts, read 284,790 times
This movie was dumb, too ridiculous to be scary. An actual hard to watch film... "A Serbian Film."

I prefer old slasher flicks anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
It's masturbation material for budding serial killers. You realize that?
Wrong. If that is the case, might as well say that about 75% of all horror movies in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
What does it say about you as a person when nothing you see could ever cause psychological damage?
It says that you have the mental capacity to understand that you are watching a movie? If a movie causes someone to suffer from psychological damage, then I feel sorry for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies