Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:16 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times

Advertisements

Sorry for double posting but I thought of another good one ripe for a sequel. Amos & Andy with Dabney Coleman, Nicolas Cage & Samuel L. Jackson. How this movie didn't sweep the awards, I will never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 11:19 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
I wouldn't have minded a sequel to the Incredibles.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:25 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
Movies I wished had sequels to:

1. Monsters Inc. (I love this movie)

2. Cars

3. 5 Easy Pieces (Jack Nicholson. I'd liked to know what happened to him after he left Karen Black at that gas station).

4. American Grafitti (I know there is a 2nd one, "More American Grafitti", but I'd love to see a 3rd sequel of it, when they are older and Toad is found. In the 2nd one he was MIA, missing in action. But he is found alive and well. Of course John Milner died in the 2nd one, but his memory lives on in an annual drag race competition named after him. Boy! It would be a great 3rd sequel).

Old 08-27-2009, 11:40 AM

221 posts, read 437,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
a Sequel to "Time Bandits" should have been made like within 5 years of the first. The ending left it wide open. I wonder if a sequel was ever considered, with such an odd ending.
This idea was actually tossed around.

How about Goonies... like right after the original came out

They would just make it too campy now and screw it up

Old 09-02-2009, 11:35 AM

75 posts, read 262,150 times
Talking Movies I would like

Hmm John hughes fans I see. LOL
I would love Joss Whedon to Do a Serenity 2 or some kind of follow up to Firefly. LOL maybe Hancock 2 I know superhero movies get over done But How about Daredevil 2?

Old 01-28-2011, 10:11 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,792,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNemesis View Post
Hmm John hughes fans I see. LOL
I would love Joss Whedon to Do a Serenity 2 or some kind of follow up to Firefly.
Ditto. I think Fox's rights to the show expire next year, so maybe we'll get something then. Even a series of novels would be cool.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:05 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
I would've liked to have seen Shag II. It probably wouldn't have been very good, but I used to watch my copy of Shag: The Movie all the time on VHS!! (dating self, whoops)

Also I caught this great old movie on cable the other day. It's called Rocky. It's a darn shame they didn't make a sequel to that one, I'd love to find out what happened to that guy.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,230,731 times
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension ~ Actually, they had planned a sequel, but the film failed at the box office. For many years, Peter Weller said that he would be willing to return in the lead role. Maybe they could reunite the team as older men.

Big Trouble in Little China ~ The monster on the truck seemed to promise more. Again, the film did not do well at the box office but, like "Buckaroo Banzai", has an avid cult following.

Deep Rising ~ *ROAR* *CRASH* "Now what?!" // When I saw the first episode of "Lost", I thought of the ending of "Deep Rising".

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins ~ Joel Grey is still available to play Chiun! He wouldn't even need as much old-age makeup, true? Now... Finding the right Remo might be trickier because Fred Ward then Jeffrey Meek were great matches in the film and TV series, respectively. Hugh Jackman could be fun, or perhaps they can use a newcomer.

HONORABLE MENTION:
The Mummy ~ I want a fourth movie but only if they can give it a shake up. We need Rachel as Evie! Recast their son! Match the CGI and other effects of the first two!

Last edited by MystMoonstruck; 01-07-2013 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: fix a word

Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,274,000 times
Pride and Prejudice. I so wanted to see more of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet. Fortunately I've read many of the fan fiction books. Watched Lost in Austen, a wonderful alternate reality romp. Good viewing and the cast was almost as excellent as the BBC version with Colin Firth.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM

171 posts, read 311,432 times
The incredibles. Awesome animated flick. Enough for adults to enjoy and great for kids.
Surprised a sequel was never done.

Dark City. With Rufus sewell. Liked the mood setting. Always wondered what happened to their little world at the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies