Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 03:18 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,912,233 times

Advertisements

The Passion, I wish had a sequel called

The Resurrection and then a prequel

The Rapture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 05:28 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,892,830 times
"Momento" with Guy Pearce. (Did his memory fully return?)
"The Layer Cake" with Daniel Craig. (Did he become the new mob boss?)
"Stay" with Ewan McGregor & Naomi Watts. (Did that couple begin anew, amidst chaos?)

I could keep going, but as my tastes mainly run along the foreign independent line, I fear I'll be shunned & pelted with stale popcorn until I return to the Boston forum.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:55 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,258,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
"The Layer Cake" with Daniel Craig. (Did he become the new mob boss?)
SPOILER ALERT!

I thought Daniel Craig died at the end?

Quote:
I could keep going, but as my tastes mainly run along the foreign independent line, I fear I'll be shunned & pelted with stale popcorn until I return to the Boston forum.
No way, foreign films are awesome!

Dirty, Pretty Things - Life after England
I always hoped that they would meet one day again!

Old 04-25-2007, 01:48 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,700,195 times
Default Bring back E.T !

I agree, Imagine how much money a sequel to E.T would bring in right now? Sometimes i wonder why they didnt or havent yet made a sequel. If they do the story correctly E.T returns could be huge. But E.T did have have one more brief appearence in E.T. in Star Wars Episode 1. Yes the little alien known as E.T. is in Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace. If you watch the scene in Episode 1 were the galactic senete debates the decisson of voting for a new chancellor you can pick out three E.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
The spielberg classic: E.T.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:37 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,361,273 times
Yeah, E.T. comes back to visit the grown up Elliot and Gertie. And it can be all about Elliot and his kids save E.T. a second time. Maybe a whole E.T. family! Spielberg are you listening??

Old 04-25-2007, 11:19 AM

660 posts, read 2,442,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I think it would be funny if they could do a sequel to Ruthless People!
Or What About Bob?!
what about bob was hilarious i totally forgot about that one

Old 04-25-2007, 02:48 PM

Hi Foma -

Re: "I thought Daniel Craig died at the end?"

If you view the DVD, there are alternate endings, one James Bond type ending where he descends the stairs & drives away with the beautiful girl. That's the ending I like & then wonder if he made a new life or just became mob boss.

Yes, independent & foreign films are for me, too. You & I could begin a whole forum on that alone!

Have fun... VV

Old 04-25-2007, 05:02 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,258,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
Hi Foma -

Re: "I thought Daniel Craig died at the end?"

If you view the DVD, there are alternate endings, one James Bond type ending where he descends the stairs & drives away with the beautiful girl. That's the ending I like & then wonder if he made a new life or just became mob boss.

Yes, independent & foreign films are for me, too. You & I could begin a whole forum on that alone!

Have fun... VV
Hi KittensPurr - You are absolutely correct! The alternate ending, which my husband also reminded me of last night ... that would interesting to see what happens later. At any rate, Daniel Craig is just dang hot. Even my husband has a "man crush" on him! hehe

Foreign films are awesome. I think I picked up the interest from a elective film class I took in college. If you see good ones in the future, don't forget to post them!

Old 04-25-2007, 05:10 PM

157 posts, read 479,601 times
foma

I saw Dirty Pretty Things too! I loved that movie! Glad you mentioned it.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Hi KittensPurr - You are absolutely correct! The alternate ending, which my husband also reminded me of last night ... that would interesting to see what happens later. At any rate, Daniel Craig is just dang hot. Even my husband has a "man crush" on him! hehe

Foreign films are awesome. I think I picked up the interest from a elective film class I took in college. If you see good ones in the future, don't forget to post them!
Hi Foma -

Your husband is a wise man! Have you seen Daniel Craig in "Enduring Love"? He's so gorgeous in that movie (an odd, different, interesting plot) that my eyes water. Ahh, yes, he has a rugged charm, piercing blue eyes & that low voice gets me everytime that it keeps me awake nights! Ah, gee. I'm single. Thanks. Now I'll be awake all evening! Do gorgeous men really fall through ceilings if you wish hard enough?! I'll get back to ya' tomorrow...

You must check out "The Laughing Seagull", an Icelandic dark comedy. Brilliant film, beautiful cinematography! The pretty young actress is so brilliant & it's her first acting job. Top of the list of my Top 10. As a former film student, I think you'll enjoy it. I just saw a button to keep track of people - buddy list or something like it. You'll be my first add so we can keep track of movies. You asked for it woman! I'm a real movie buff. Haven't watched TV in 10-yrs. I think I have one. It must be that dusty box in the corner of my storage room that I can't identify! But, Netflix, Starbucks & an occasional Irish ale are the sustenance of life, I'm convinced of it.

Please let me know of your favs, too.

Have fun... VV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies