Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 12:03 PM

4,661 posts, read 3,285,291 times

Advertisements

Forever Blue, thank you for sharing!

I have not seen an episode of Cobra Kai yet. But it sounds great!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 12:24 PM

12,791 posts, read 15,028,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Forever Blue, thank you for sharing!

I have not seen an episode of Cobra Kai yet. But it sounds great!!
Sure thing! Being such a big KK fan, I'm surprised. Why haven't you seen any yet? Oh & FYI, Walmart sold the first 2 seasons on Cobra Kai for $20. I bought it long ago, but hadn't seen it since. You'll probably love it so might as well buy it. Look here for all Walmart has on it:

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=Cobra%20Kai

Also, there's this:

https://www.target.com/p/cobra-kai-s...d/-/A-78015598

https://tvweb.com/cobra-kai-dvd-seas...0November%2012.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:05 PM

Forever Blue, I appreciate your tip. I will seek it out! Domo arigato!!

Old 09-03-2020, 01:09 PM

10,582 posts, read 7,804,960 times
Original was great. Can't remember much of the sequel, other than it wasn't so good. Haven't seen 3 or 4.

Jackie Chan remake also very good.

Just watched first episode of Cobra Kai. It's cool to see the antagonists in the present day. However, not impressed so far but will keep with it.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:56 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,631,528 times
Quote:
AFtrEFkt, it is odd that in Part 2 he fought against a man trying to literally KILL him, but didn't seem to be visibly afraid. And in Part 3 he is so scared of the guy who is a tournament fighter!!!
The movies are hilariously inconsistent. It's odd, but nowhere near as odd as the fact that were KKII not an abject fantasy, Chozen would have left Daniel crippled, if not maimed. Chozen was a career karate practitioner, not a relative newcomer. The guy obviously had an internal kill switch. He'd turn a guy like Daniel into hamburger if he was left unchecked.

But maybe what's more astonishing is how Daniel didn't try to put the moves on Kumiko at that tea ceremony!

And then we move on to KKIII, with Miyagi trying to operate a bonsai store in the northeast sector of Los Angeles proper, in a shady area that is conspicuously absent of nightly gang activity and random gunfire.

Look it up: 135 North Avenue 50.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:17 AM

20,731 posts, read 4,480,159 times
Quote:
Hello, I started re-watching Karate kid movies.

And boy, that Karate Kid Part 3 movie is borderline COMICAL! It's so bad, it's almost good!

Any thoughts??
Well if it wasn't for Pat Morita none of those movies would be worth watching. Without him those would have been just your everyday loser gets beat up movies.

As for part three, what a cry baby Daniel has become. Mr. Miiiiiiyaaaaagiiiii I
was trying toooo get your treeeeee. And those guys game and trapped us down the ravine. Took the ropes....... Then he broke your tree.

Come on, cry me a river. Mr. Miyagi should've squished Daniel like a grape.

Quote:
Therblig, yes, the original was a sort-of Rocky/underdog movie for teens... But boy did he get wimpier over the series!!
That is really understating it, don't you think. Even Kumiko had more fight in her than Daniel had at anytime. In part two when their in town he just has to go into that bar. She tells him no, bad place.
But Wimpo-SON has to go inside. He runs his mouth, then he gets called on his words. Mr. Miyagi has to stall the action to give Wimpo-SON a "chance" at not breaking his hand on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I saw them too many times. Got tired of them. Yes, the third film is a farce.
Best parts are when Silver is training Daniel, and Kreese is brought in afterwards.
"I think he's peeing his pants."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Part 1 - Loved

Part 2 - Really liked

Part 3 - Pretty good (because I like it's the continuation of the story).

Part 4 - Didn't care for (this is the one w/ Hilary Swank)

Remake - Didn't care for (w/ Jaden Smith & Jackie Chan)

Cobrai Kai episodes - LOVE! It' brings back the nostalia we all loved from the movies, but w/ some fresh, interesting storylines too.

1 - Was ok
2 - Liked seeing how Wimpo-SON thought he was karate master against a lifetime student.
3 - Mr. Miyagi knew Wimpo-SON needed to quit why he was ahead.
4 - Finally Mr. Miyagi was rid of Wimpo-SON, knew student had a backbone.
Remake - Didn't watch, and don't care to. Jackie Chan is fine, but I don't care for the other cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Original was great. Can't remember much of the sequel, other than it wasn't so good. Haven't seen 3 or 4.

Jackie Chan remake also very good.

Just watched first episode of Cobra Kai. It's cool to see the antagonists in the present day. However, not impressed so far but will keep with it.
Remember Karate Kid is told from the "hero/wimp" point of view. While Cobra Kai is told from the inside
view or reality view. In this case Johnny's view. IOW: The truth.

EX:
Beach scene from Karate Kid:
New kid in town goes to beach party with new friend. He sees a couple he doesn't know having a fight.
Instead of minding his own business he decides to play hero. He ends up getting beat up by the guy.
This makes the girl get even matter at the the guy. Making their argument worse.

Cobra Kai view:
Me & Ali are discussing a problem. This wimp tries to make the moves on Ali, making me look bad. Now Ali is mad at me because of this wimp. He should've stated out of my business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
The movies are hilariously inconsistent. It's odd, but nowhere near as odd as the fact that were KKII not an abject fantasy, Chozen would have left Daniel crippled, if not maimed. Chozen was a career karate practitioner, not a relative newcomer. The guy obviously had an internal kill switch. He'd turn a guy like Daniel into hamburger if he was left unchecked.

But maybe what's more astonishing is how Daniel didn't try to put the moves on Kumiko at that tea ceremony!

And then we move on to KKIII, with Miyagi trying to operate a bonsai store in the northeast sector of Los Angeles proper, in a shady area that is conspicuously absent of nightly gang activity and random gunfire.

Look it up: 135 North Avenue 50.
If Mr. Miyagi didn't think "he" could out think Chozen, then he wouldn't had let Wimpo-SON fight him.
Chozen had the skills & strength. But Wimpo-SON had Mr. Miyagi's brain on his side. When Mr. Miyagi
gave Wimpo-SON the signal of what move to use, it just ticked off Chozen. It gave Wimpo-SON the
chance to beat him.

As for Kumiko, Wimpo-SON was scared to find out if she knew karate to.

Part Three we find Wimpo-SON scared to go to college. So he gives his college money to Mr. Miyagi
to protect him in the store.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:34 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,259,707 times
Quote:
f5fstop, good morning.

Come on, they are not THAAAAAT bad!

Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla; might be worse. But honestly, I never saw any sequels to Karate Moron and NEVER WILL!

Old 09-04-2020, 10:44 AM

464 posts, read 203,229 times
Quote:
Hello, I started re-watching Karate kid movies.

And boy, that Karate Kid Part 3 movie is borderline COMICAL! It's so bad, it's almost good!

Any thoughts??
I must admit that after Cobra Kai season 1, I crossed over to the darkside. For years they only gave us Danielsan's story, but NOW we know that Johnny isn't such a bad guy after all. And yes, KK 3 was corny as hell!

PS: STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD, NO MERCY!!

Old 09-04-2020, 12:00 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,631,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
If Mr. Miyagi didn't think "he" could out think Chozen, then he wouldn't had let Wimpo-SON fight him.
Chozen had the skills & strength. But Wimpo-SON had Mr. Miyagi's brain on his side. When Mr. Miyagi
gave Wimpo-SON the signal of what move to use, it just ticked off Chozen. It gave Wimpo-SON the
chance to beat him.
Joking or not, I didn't, and don't, buy it. Chozen was an alpha, in peak physical condition. Miyagi's brain was not in Daniel's body. It wasn't a realistic confrontation, by any measure, with the exception of Chozen assaulting Kumiko and holding a knife to her jugular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
Part Three we find Wimpo-SON scared to go to college. So he gives his college money to Mr. Miyagi to protect him in the store.
The whole time, Miyagi exudes this "kid, please gtfo, I can't babysit you forever" vibe. And it's not subtle.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:11 PM

I love when he THINKS he got a date with Jessica, acting like he's the MAN.

And then we she tells him later that night when he picks her up, that she has a boyfriend, he says: it'll be refreshing. We can go dutch.

Refreshing?!? Like he has a boatload of women that want him to take them out!! Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies