Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 04:16 PM

22,932 posts, read 28,310,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I rather hope they can talk Rick Moranis into making a cameo. I miss him.
Not gonna happen. Moranis is vehemently retired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 08:07 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,556,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
That's why I'm not sold on it. I'm interested and will reserve my final judgement until later, but from the only trailer we have to go by it feels to me like it lacks the fun of the originals.
I think it will be good just the right of dark and humor but nothing over the top.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:36 PM

13,584 posts, read 15,682,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Oh good grief. That movie was a dud, so why is she insulted about nobody wanting to see a sequel to it? What a head case.

Old 12-11-2019, 02:25 PM

17,616 posts, read 15,310,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Not gonna happen. Moranis is vehemently retired.

Eh.. I think it'd be a long shot, but he's not retired. He's said he's just very selective about the roles he takes.

He still does some VO work.. He did a concert with Dave Thomas a few years back.

I don't think it'd be impossible, but I do think it'd be very unlikely. They'd really have to give him a part he couldn't refuse.. maybe something having him singing.

Old 12-11-2019, 04:40 PM

13,584 posts, read 15,682,331 times
There's a big problem here. They can't ask, "Who you gonna call?", because teens don't call, they text.

"Who you gonna text? Ghostbusters!"

That doesn't do it for me.

Old 12-12-2019, 12:25 AM

512 posts, read 322,182 times
Yuck.
I'd rather have a million all-female reboots with the same cast of the 2016 GB (a film that I actually enjoyed. More people would have enjoyed it too if they had not decided that it sucked sight unseen simply because it was an all-female GB crew) than another Stranger Things-adjacent concoction. I hate Stranger Things and all its spiritual spin-offs, and this trailer looks like a dull, lifeless SG monstrosity. Also...where the **** is the comedy? All GB films so far have been comedic. This looks too serious...

Old 12-12-2019, 02:01 PM

5,468 posts, read 8,196,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oramasfella View Post
Yuck.
I'd rather have a million all-female reboots with the same cast of the 2016 GB (a film that I actually enjoyed. More people would have enjoyed it too if they had not decided that it sucked sight unseen simply because it was an all-female GB crew) than another Stranger Things-adjacent concoction. ..............
I disliked it immensely, and it had nothing to do with the all-female cast. In my opinion, it just plain sucked.

Old 12-12-2019, 04:13 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,888,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
I disliked it immensely, and it had nothing to do with the all-female cast. In my opinion, it just plain sucked.
Agreed. I love Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, and Kristen Wiig, have seen there movies and SNL skits, funny!

That movie, not so much. I don't blame the stars.

Old 12-13-2019, 07:52 AM

22,932 posts, read 28,310,390 times
The international trailer has bits of extra scenes here and there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq7x...ature=emb_logo

Old 12-14-2019, 11:01 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,934,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I think this franchise petered out early. Was there really demand for a girl-centric reboot? And yes, as MarkuS said, it SUCKED.
I actually like Ghostbusters 2 a lot. The first is classic, but the second is one of those sequels that held up. Then again I think the later Police Academy films (4, 5 and 6) are as good as Police Academy (1) and Home Alone 2 is better than Home Alone. Could it be I watched those films as a kid and have the nostaglia blinders on like I do with Batman Forever, sure. The franchise stuck around until the late 1990's when a sequel cartoon series was done, Xtreme Ghostbusters or XGB and came back again in 2008 with the Ghostbuster video game which was a sequel of sorts to Ghostbusters 2 and used elements of the shelved Ghostbusters 3.

As I have gotten old, Ghostbusters the original is obviously better than Ghostbusters 2. That said, I'm not the typical person that will trash Ghostbusters 2. It was a good film though there was some cash-grab to it. Then again, what sequel isn't a cash-grab in someway?

I won't complain about teens in Ghostbusters: Afterlife for the reason XGB was the Ghostbusters restarted by an older Egon as a professor in some New York college teaching a ghost and paranormal course with three possibly teenage college students. It wasn't a great series but as someone who loved Ghostbusters as a kid, I enjoyed it and loved seeing Slimer back.

As for the trailer, loved it. I saw it on the big screen and it looks good. The best part of it is that we don't know it is a Ghostbuster movie until they show the ghost trap. It is a nice break from the "Oh this is _____" trailers we get for first trailers these days. I love how we didn't hear or see any of the old busters. I still think Venkmen said the quotes at the end of the trailer "Call it luck..." I seem to remember it being an old Venkmen quote in Ghostbusters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies