Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 11:59 AM

6,750 posts, read 4,442,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefong123 View Post
I just do not like this 3rd edition Spiderman. I thought the last Spiderman movie was below average. They need to stop rebooting Spiderman.

Next, Spiderman meets Scooby Doo. They've run out of ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 01:33 PM

268 posts, read 100,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'll await until we see the movie.

I think the Skrulls and the Kree were good or bad depending on the storyline used at the time. Several Kree were villains and of course Super Skrull was always a villain too. That said, the Skrulls did do Secret Invasion so maybe they were more bad than good. But that is the way I saw it.

I think so too, I think with the Skrulls and Kree, which I like about the Captain Marvel movie and how they portrayed them is that its not so black and white, in that all Skrulls are evil and vile and all Kree are good and noble, that there are some evil Kree and good Skrulls, or even grey ones, it makes it much more interesting story to tell in my opinion, in that nothing appears as it seems between these two races and their intergalatic war with each other.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:38 PM

28,711 posts, read 18,886,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timd48 View Post
I think so too, I think with the Skrulls and Kree, which I like about the Captain Marvel movie and how they portrayed them is that its not so black and white, in that all Skrulls are evil and vile and all Kree are good and noble, that there are some evil Kree and good Skrulls, or even grey ones, it makes it much more interesting story to tell in my opinion, in that nothing appears as it seems between these two races and their intergalatic war with each other.
Which were the good Kree and which were the evil Skrulls?

Old 05-13-2019, 01:49 PM

268 posts, read 100,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Which were the good Kree and which were the evil Skrulls?
That is the question, I even got fooled first viewing of Captain Marvel, I thought for sure the Skrulls there were just totally evil and the Kree were the total good guys, but the Skrulls were grey in this movie, they werent pure, but werent downright evil. They were attacking hard because the Kree were attacking full force at them, trying to kill them all just because to these Kree, the Skrull were vermin to be exterminated, no matter if they were harmless or not. I think there are Skrulls who act the same exact way towards the Kree, but it wasnt these particular Skrulls in this movie.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:04 PM

28,711 posts, read 18,886,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timd48 View Post
That is the question, I even got fooled first viewing of Captain Marvel, I thought for sure the Skrulls there were just totally evil and the Kree were the total good guys, but the Skrulls were grey in this movie, they werent pure, but werent downright evil. They were attacking hard because the Kree were attacking full force at them, trying to kill them all just because to these Kree, the Skrull were vermin to be exterminated, no matter if they were harmless or not. I think there are Skrulls who act the same exact way towards the Kree, but it wasnt these particular Skrulls in this movie.
"Act the same way" i.e., responding ruthlessly toward a more powerful force that is ruthlessly attempting to exterminate you does not make you a bad guy.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:53 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,640,667 times
https://twitter.com/arcticninjapaul/...98082831540224

Old 06-25-2019, 09:36 AM

24,457 posts, read 23,145,334 times
I'd still like to see a college age Peter Parker modeled after the original 60s carton show. That show always nailed the Spider Man character better than anything that came along later. This latest incarnation... yeesh.

Old 06-26-2019, 05:40 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,121,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'd still like to see a college age Peter Parker modeled after the original 60s carton show. That show always nailed the Spider Man character better than anything that came along later. This latest incarnation... yeesh.
I enjoyed the 90s Spiderman cartoon. I agree about the casting. The current spider man is too short and it doesn't look like he will further grow in height.

Tom - 5'8 - Early HS spiderman i believe he nails it but college aged spiderman he falls short.

Andrew - 5'10 - His version of spiderman was too cool and not nerdy enough.

Tobey - 5'8 - His version was neutral for 1 and 2. It was god awful for #3.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:34 AM

12,424 posts, read 8,214,281 times
The reviews are coming out. The first two I saw put Far From Home in the B range.

Old 07-03-2019, 07:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,975,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The reviews are coming out. The first two I saw put Far From Home in the B range.
I would say B+. Best Spiderman action scenes and most Spider-Man of them. They got Mysterio right. The beginning is what slowed it down a bit. I'm going spoilery here...
Spoiler
Once they get to Prague it got REALLY good. The problem was it didn't get out of the blocks fast enough and built up a little too slowly. I think having that scene from the trailers with the cops in the trailer, would have helped.

Then that mid-credit happened... I marked out in the theater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies