Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 10:51 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,001,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Why are you making up excuses for Hela? She liked what she did.

Also, what you said about how "A violent reaction to having actually been treated violently and unjustly is a valid point".... well, I would call that "revenge."

So then you liked IW.
Loved what she did. Like was an understatement. I hope we see her in upcoming films. In the comics Thanos loves Hela/Death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 07:53 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,277,071 times
I saw the movie last weekend and my husband and I liked it but didn't LOOOOOVE it.

Not sure how this has past Titanic in the box office sales but I think 10 years from now, will I remember the Titanic storyline or the Black Panther one and my bet is on Titanic.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:12 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,990,044 times
Moving this quote from the AIW thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
To try to steer somewhat back on thread topic of Infinity War; I really liked both Thanos and Kilmonger because they did have a reason (at least in their minds) for their actions. Maybe they could have changed Killmonger up a little bit, but he was also raised on the streets, so that is why he had some of the personality that he did. . .
I had thought that Killmonger was angry and spiteful because Wakanda had so much in terms of wealth and power... but did not reach out to him in any way during all those years. Also, keep in mind the make-up of a person because everyone is different. And even if some people wouldn't have reacted in a certain way, that doesn't mean that there aren't other people who would react in that way.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:46 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,551,378 times
Let me preference this by stating that I am not a fan of what I will call the "comic book" genre....... While Black Panther was far from the worst of that type of movie or series (IMHO), I was expecting to like it based on the hype and glowing reviews. It was OK, but I was disappointed. My daughter (who loves movies like Black Panther) said I would have probably liked better it the movie theater instead on my 65" TV and my surround sound system. Maybe, but I don't think so........

Old 05-24-2018, 05:49 AM

28,690 posts, read 18,829,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Let me preference this by stating that I am not a fan of what I will call the "comic book" genre....... While Black Panther was far from the worst of that type of movie or series (IMHO), I was expecting to like it based on the hype and glowing reviews. It was OK, but I was disappointed. My daughter (who loves movies like Black Panther) said I would have probably liked better it the movie theater instead on my 65" TV and my surround sound system. Maybe, but I don't think so........
Well, if you don't like comic book or superhero movies, the hype shouldn't have given you an expectation of liking a comic book movie.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:35 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,957,634 times
Meh, I didn’t get all the hype. I was bored. Not my kind of movie.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
If it's not your kind of movie, why did you go?

Old 05-25-2018, 06:40 AM

24,682 posts, read 9,499,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
That’s what happens when you watch an overrated movie

You leave the theater underwhelmed and robbed, scratching your head on what all the hype was about.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:24 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,277,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If it's not your kind of movie, why did you go?
Maybe he didn't realize that till after watching the movie.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Maybe he didn't realize that till after watching the movie.
You mean he just walked into a theater to watch whatever they were showing that night?

People used to do that back in the 40s. Saturday afternoon was movie afternoon, whatever was showing.

Kinda hard these days to have walked into Black Panther without having heard what kind of movie it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies