Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2018, 11:59 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,644,812 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/sta...21420376436736

Old 09-13-2018, 12:01 PM

11,201 posts, read 9,125,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
The weirdest instagram post...

Henry and his bodybuilding manager have gone nuts..

Old 09-13-2018, 12:08 PM

It's obviously a stunt/gag. The funniest part is THR "broke" the story.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:23 PM

https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status...91038876766214

Old 09-13-2018, 10:43 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,994,005 times
Quote:
More often than not, a pejorative is a derogatory term. Do you think a Mexican likes being called a frijol?
lol Um, dude... you need to learn how to speak 'black.'

Quote:
Chocolate Face

Slang term for black people. . .or a black person. Not to be viewed as a racist term, as it simply describes the person by describing the face; just as the word black would be used in formal english.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...ocolate%20face (And we'll go with the first definition. )

Or...

Quote:
Chocolate

Any type of african-american male. Usually VERY attractive and yummy. Can be used to talk about the "delishiousness" of a guy.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...term=Chocolate

Last edited by Yac; 09-17-2018 at 12:04 AM..

Old 09-14-2018, 07:01 AM

22,954 posts, read 28,375,529 times
Quote:
Is anyone really saying Cavill is a bad Superman???

I've certainly had problems with many of the DC movies, but Cavill has not been one of them. He couldn't look the part more if he tried, and his performance has been great. The problems in those movies were not the result of Cavill, but the result of bad film making.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:47 AM

Maybe they can make Patty an offer she can't refuse. She can be their house director.

Bryan Singer and Joss Whedon have already demonstrated — nay, proven — they are not qualified. And I don't want someone like Shane Black anywhere near DC.

I know you'll probably spit your coffee all over your monitor (or iPad), but I'd love Zack to come back and direct another Superman film. Man of Steel is awesome.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Is anyone really saying Cavill is a bad Superman???
DeKnight has also said he likes Zack as a director. So I'm sure he'll drop a few points in your playbook right there.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:19 AM

22,954 posts, read 28,375,529 times
Quote:
Maybe they can make Patty an offer she can't refuse. She can be their house director.

Bryan Singer and Joss Whedon have already demonstrated — nay, proven — they are not qualified. And I don't want someone like Shane Black anywhere near DC.

I know you'll probably spit your coffee all over your monitor (or iPad), but I'd love Zack to come back and direct another Superman film. Man of Steel is awesome.
Man of Steel had some great moments but overall was a VERY flawed movie. You are the only person I've ever met (online or in person) who loves it. To each his own.

DC's movie problem is that they don't have an overall vision. Kevin Feige, for all his problems and occasional missteps, has steered the reins of all Marvel movies having a coherent tone and direction. Even when they don't always work, you can easily tell a Marvel movie and where it fits in the overall world they are creating.

DC is a chaotic mess. In tone, theme, point, and direction, Man of Steel exists in an entirely different world than Suicide Squad. Batman was thrust into the world simply as a punching bag who punches back. They have completely misunderstood Superman as a character. They threw the Justice League together with no foundation --- so naturally it collapsed. DC is simply pumping out product, hoping something works, and not building a world. Patty Jenkins is the only filmmaker so far who had made a genuinely great movie --- and its connection to the other DC movies was tangential at best.

When you realize you are driving toward a cliff, sometimes stopping is the most progressive thing you can do.

DC needs to stop. Get a vision. Build a world. Build characters. It isn't just about special effects and punching in costumes.

And for the record, I don't think Zack Snyder is a bad director. His movies look great. He has a great visual style when he restrains himself from explosions and smoke. I have never seen any artist who loves smoky backgrounds and blurry foregrounds as much as he does. But when he's setting up relatively low key scenes or better yet vistas with landscapes, Snyder is great.

The guy has no story sense though --- and he would do well to put down the Ayn Rand crackpipe. Being an Objectivist when you're the only Philosophy major in the frat is kinda cute. But once you're an adult, it's time to grow up.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:48 AM

Pretty sure some others here dig Man of Steel, too. You must not hit many forums or talk to as many people, perhaps. I know quite a few people who dig it, online and offline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies