Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2017, 08:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
So Joss is off to ruin another beloved character. I anticipate lots of false pathos hidden under quippy dialogue. I shall try to contain my excitement.
Why do you hate Joss so much? The Avengers is pretty well regarded as one of the best comic book movies ever. The issues with Avengers:Age of Ultron was not really much of Joss' fault. Remember Joss wanted more of the Hawkeye family stuff but Marvel NEEDED the Thor: Ragnarok/Avengers: Infinity War stuff so some parts had to get cut. That said, I felt I could keep up with it, even in the first showing...

Old 07-25-2017, 06:34 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
This just in: Captain Marvel will not — repeat, not — be in Avengers: Infinity War. (The first one, anyway.)

Unless they show her in a post-credits scene, anyway. Just my guess.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:36 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
[quote=AFtrEFkt;48671310]Superhero Slate | Upcoming Superhero Movies & TV | Superhero Slate

March 17: Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix/Marvel Entertainment) - Listen to our Spoilercast

August 18: Marvel's Defenders (Netflix/Marvel Entertainment)

Unscheduled: Marvel's Jessica Jones Season 2 (Netflix/Marvel Entertainment)
Unscheduled: Marvel's Luke Cage Season 2 (Netflix/Marvel Entertainment)

I don't know if I could watching another season of what I left above. I am hoping that The Defenders will help with that. I've watched the new previews and it looks better then the stand alone shows. Other then DD of course. I was hoping Luke Cage wouldn't be as slow as JJ was it seems much slower I was very disappointed. Iron Fist also broke my heart to watch Finn Jones ruin it.

I don't know if it's him or the fight scene's that kill it for me. The last Ep I dozed off DD is still by far the best so far. Hope The Defenders is better and as a group it works.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
This just in: Captain Marvel will not — repeat, not — be in Avengers: Infinity War. (The first one, anyway.)

Unless they show her in a post-credits scene, anyway. Just my guess.
They should, just saying...

Old 07-26-2017, 08:40 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Why do you hate Joss so much?
"Hate" would be overstating it. I don't hate him. I just think he is INCREDIBLY over-rated. All his stuff sounds the same after a while. He has no range, and the territory he has staked for himself just isn't all that interesting.

He has a famous bit of writing advice: "Make it dark. Make it grim. Then tell a joke." And he does that over and over and over and over, and it all rings false. There is little Truth in his writing, and none in his dialogue. No real pathos. Just fake mood wrapped in snark.

Elmore Leonard has a better bit of writing advice: "If it sounds like writing, then rewrite it." All of Whedon's dialogue sounds like he chewed the eraser off a pencil, agonizing over the dialogue just so he can show everyone how clever he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The Avengers is pretty well regarded as one of the best comic book movies ever.
Not by me, and I only speak for me. I liked THE AVENGERS. I did not love it. I hated AGE OF ULTRON. And not because I wanted more Hawkeye of the farm. The central villain was ridiculous, thus rendering the entire plot nonsense.

But there are lots of "comic book" movies that blow AVENGERS out of the water. Just off the top of my head:

THE INCREDIBLES
UNBREAKABLE
SPLIT
CAPTAIN AMERICA
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER
IRON MAN
THE DARK KNIGHT
BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM
BATMAN: SUB ZERO
BATMAN: YEAR ONE
SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Old 07-26-2017, 11:18 AM

Get that Netflix stuff over to the TV forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

March 17: Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix/Marvel Entertainment) - Listen to our Spoilercast

August 18: Marvel's Defenders (Netflix/Marvel Entertainment)

Unscheduled: Marvel's Jessica Jones Season 2 (Netflix/Marvel Entertainment)

Unscheduled: Marvel's Luke Cage Season 2 (Netflix/Marvel Entertainment)

I don't know if I could watching another season of what I left above. I am hoping that The Defenders will help with that. I've watched the new previews and it looks better then the stand alone shows. Other then DD of course. I was hoping Luke Cage wouldn't be as slow as JJ was it seems much slower I was very disappointed. Iron Fist also broke my heart to watch Finn Jones ruin it.

I don't know if it's him or the fight scene's that kill it for me. The last Ep I dozed off DD is still by far the best so far. Hope The Defenders is better and as a group it works.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:37 PM

Avengers 4 (title withheld because the Russos and Feige say it's a spoiler) is about to start filming very soon, according to Josh Brolin (Thanos).

Josh Brolin Ready For Avengers 4 Filming | Screen Rant

Old 08-02-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Avengers 4 (title withheld because the Russos and Feige say it's a spoiler) is about to start filming very soon, according to Josh Brolin (Thanos).

Josh Brolin Ready For Avengers 4 Filming | Screen Rant
Hmmm, wonder if that means he was in it or not... I know he needs to get fitted for an arm.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:55 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
This should surprise no one:

Fantastic Four writer admits that Marvel sidelined the comic because of bad movies · Newswire · The A.V. Club

Old 08-07-2017, 02:14 PM

MISLEADING TITLE ALERT!

It is my duty to inform all that that clickbait line about bad movies is BS, because we know the real reason the monthly Fantastic Four book got axed, and we've all known it for a good while.

In fact, if you read the article, Hickman tells you:

Quote:
Hickman explained that “it’s pretty common knowledge” that Marvel has stopped publishing Fantastic Four books because of a “disagreement with Fox.”
And there you go. Marvel couldn't get Fox to share back the FF, so they discontinued the comic.

If they ever do reach an "agreement," the ongoing FF book will be rebooted faster than you can say "Stretch this!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies